Adapting A Sensor

TbirdX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403422
I read that sensors need adapting and that its a one shot deal. I'm curious as to why its a one shot deal? Anyone know. Cheers.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Some do, and some don't.

What kind of sensor?
Connected to what kind of control module?
In what kind of car?

-Uwe-

TbirdX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403422
DPF Differential pressure sensor, connected to engine module, 2010 5l Skoda Yeti.

G450 essentially.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As a general rule, differential pressure sensors for DPFs must indeed be adapted.

If you would like us to try to find more details, please post an Auto-Scan so people can see exactly what engine, ECU, and ECU software this vehicle has.

-Uwe-

TbirdX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403422
Oh I've done the adaptation using this excellent forum, I just read that it was a one shot deal and if you didn't do it then the sensor couldn't be adapted after the engine had been started.

I was just curious as to why that might be and if you could put the old sensor back in, for arguments sake, adapt that, and then put the other sensor back in and adapt it properly...if you see what I mean.

It would make sense to me that that should be possible or else how could you ever fit another sensor?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I just read that it was a one shot deal and if you didn't do it then the sensor couldn't be adapted after the engine had been started.
I don't think that's correct. In fact, I can't think of a reason why this would be the case, but I'm open to hearing a plausible explanation if anyone has one.

-Uwe-