2019 Touareg retrofit tow hitch

Elliott4m

Reaction score
HI just retrofitted a vw electric swivel towhitch and wired it into the fusesand bcm as per the install manual. The notes say to code using odis. I am told that VCDS will do this and the following modules need coding ? 01, 03, 09, 13, 17, 46, 6C, 6D, 74, C8, 69 and 19. I don't want to buy VCDS if it can't code the tow hitch ? Can anyone advise if VCDS can do this on this car please? The dealer wants £300 to do this via Odis online !!!!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't be possible with VCDS, but I also can't offer a step-by-step guide to doing it on that vehicle. You'd have to post an Auto-Scan so people could see the existing codings and then offer you modified values, and it's not certain that all the bits that need to be modified are known at this time.

-Uwe-

PS: Moving to Pre-Sales Support

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Is it new or has it been installed on a Touareg before ?

Reactions: Uwe

Elliott4m

Reaction score
Is it new or has it been installed on a Touareg before ?
Hi It is all new never been fitted before. It came with an install guide & step by step process for the online coding using ODIS. It also came with activation code, activation number and PIN Code. It looks quite strait forward to do, If I had Odis. -

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It also came with activation code, activation number and PIN Code. It looks quite strait forward to do, If I had Odis. -
If it came with all that, then it's possible there are some shenanigans needed that require ODIS to be on-line to the mothership's servers.

-Uwe-

Back