2016 volkswagen transporter T5

njautos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295493
Hi
I have a 2016 T5 transporter and the guy wants to fit some seats that don't have side airbags in as the ones fitted to the van at the minute do have side air bags. Is it possible to code out the side air bags using VCDS ? It also has the cluster with your speed in the centre in digital number but its in KPH and would like this changed to MPH is this possible to do? I am in the uk if that makes any difference ?
Thanks for you time and help

Blinkston

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It would be easier for us to provide more authoritative answers if we could see a scan. ;)

Airbags: My guess is not. Their configuration is usually set via a parameter block in the module. You may be able to 'disable' those bags via adaptation, but I suspect the module will still throw faults if they're not there at all. Of course, there's a simple way to simulate the bags being there, but for liability reasons, I'm not going to get into the details of that.

I'm not familiar enough with the clusters used in those vans to say with any certainty whether there's a way to switch that display from kph to mph.

-Uwe-

njautos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295493
Hi Uwe
Thanks for the reply ill try and get a full scan and post it as I haven't seen the van yet just been asked if it was something I could code out

Back