Verified VCDS User
- Aug 10, 2016
- Reaction score
- Eindhoven, NB, NL
- VCDS Serial number
And what a disappointment it's been so far...
I was a bit tired of having a 3-cylinder diesel with MT. I love the car to death but it's growing on me.
So, step up. Polo 6R 1.2 TDI to Polo 6R 1.6 TDI DSG7. Transfer all the mods and profit.
Things were looking good!
Low mileage (170.000km / 105.000 miles)
16 inch rims
New this car was EUR30.000. Yee ha!
This guy lied his ass off selling this car.
- Service was done --> NOPE
- DSG box was flushed --> NOPE
- Recently had new tires --> NOPE
- Engine is running well --> NOPE 2 broken injectors, broken waterpump, oil leaking
- DSG box is fine --> NOPE clutch broken
- Hardly any damage to the body --> NOPE
- I'll do the alignment --> Steering arm ball joint broken
- 'recently' new suspension --> factory shocks installed after 9 years.
- OEM auto lights --> China light switch
So today I've been working on the car and my findings are:
- Oil leak on the engines exterior.
- One of the tires is worn to the thread. Literally.
- Electric waterpump is replaced
- Left hand side steering rod, inner joint, is shot (has a lot of play)
- Springs are fcuk-ed.
- DSG clutch is broken (P177D)
- Engine management light is not working in the instrument cluster. Da f**k.
At least I got myself a hobby for the next few weeks/month getting this car in decent condition.
Then I'll have to think what to do next...
Do I want to keep it or put the engine/DSG in my car? Sell the blue one with 1.2 TDI MT.
I'm feeling a bit scammed. Not a lot of faith in this car right now...