Help "VW & Audi Diagnostics Training Manual & Video Combo"!! by VCDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mechanic

Reaction score
Help "VW & Audi Diagnostics Training Manual & Video Combo"!! by VCDS

Hi forum members, I want to know if i will benefit from the following training "VW & Audi Diagnostics Training Manual & Video Combo" by ATG or not? knowing that i do diagnostics and repairs on Vag models based in "Egypt"

I think it will benefit me a lot to increase my experience and profits but what concerned me is that i saw this quote "US VAG models" in the training web page?

To my knowledge that there's no major differences between any Vag models based on country am i right?

When i contacted Ross-Tech they told me that US engines are unique and that there will be differences between it and vag models in "Egypt" but i really want to learn and this is the only available training for VCDS online

Please help because i am consider ordering this training package

Regards

Ahmed

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
My exact answer to you, Ahmed, was as follows:
Hi Ahmed,

North American models often have unique engines and so on. They are not the same as the rest of the world.

However, having said that, the nomenclature used and the logic behind the operation of the systems is consistent with the rest of the world. We simply want those buying these products to know that the instructor and the information in the manuals are taken directly from US vehicles.

It is my humble opinion that the information provided in these training tools produced by others will assist in learning basic VAG diagnostic concepts. These materials are not advanced and they should be viewed as a beginners information training.

I believe my last sentence summed up the discussion.

What additional information do you desire? Did you read the manual outline found on this page:http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/ATGVWTM.html
Code:
This training manual provides the basic foundation for understanding diagnostic procedures used on VAG cars. The manual contains sections that will help you learn about:

• Mastering 'Current Track' Wiring diagrams
  • Module Coding
  • Measuring Value Blocks
  • Basic Setting functions
  • Throttle Adaptation
  • Short cuts for resolving faults
The manual contains hundreds of Scan Tool captures, tests, and wiring examples. The contents of the manual includes:
  • Section 1 Introduction opens the door to diagnostics on VW & Audi, by including: - an overview of Engine Codes, - Repair Information, - Current Track Wiring (Including an overview of symbols used), - Engine Management (Describes Engine Control Theory, Ignition System variations, Motronic System Variations, Wiring, ECU Faults, and Motronic Adaptive Strategies), - Generic OBD-II information and techniques, - Using other Diagnostic tools such as Graphing mulitmeters and current probes, - Communications Networks and Other Protocols, - Reference Information
  • Section 2 Scan Tools describes available tools for VW & Audi Diagnostics including: - Diagnostic Modes - Measuring Blocks - Basic Settings
  • Section 3 Ignitions Systems includes: - Timing Controls - CKP and CMP Sensors - Distributor, DIS, & COP Systems - Misfire Testing
  • Section 4 Fuel Systems includes: - Pressurization & Injection - Adaptive Fuel Control - Oxygen and MAF Sensors
  • Section 5 Air Induction Systems details the Intake System including: - Throttle Controls - Turbo Charging
  • Section 6 Emissions Systems includes: - EVAP Systems - Catalytic Converters - Secondary Air Injection - Variable Cam Timing

The Mechanic

Reaction score
thanks for your help Bruce i really appreciate that,

1- Is the content of the book the same as the content of the Videos? or the videos cover more topics and stuff?

2- What if i want an advanced VCDS training? is there any training out there ?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
The video is a live training session using the book. The content is the same.

Advanced training may be available from other training organizations. The ones we list, we have witnessed their classes. But frankly, I get asked these questions all the time. People would like Ross-Tech to do advanced training. Our answer to advanced training is to produce the videos you find on our Ross-Tech Wiki. We hope to continue adding to the collection of videos as time permits.

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back