2010 Vw golf sportwagen 2.0 TDI

dancan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=13637
i own a ross-tech software and i want to know wher can i find the fuel pressure specs for testing. My car stalled on the highway and i won't start,i want to find out witch fuel pump i need, so can you help me

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Looking at your Auto-Scan here...

MVB 018, 019, 020, and 021 are all labelled "Fuel Pressure Control". Most of the values will reveal "Specifications" if you hover your cursor over them.

Any fault codes?

-Uwe-

dancan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=13637
Hi Uwe, the same code 3 times: fuel rail pressure too low, i have checked the pumps with the vcds i have heared the pump in the tank and also the pump on the line but the front one with the timing belt does not respond because the car isn't running i guess, how can i verify if this is the one faulty!!
Please can you help me with this one.
Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Someone more familiar with that fuel system than I am would have to answer that.

-Uwe-

Jetta 97

Professional User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
First thing you want to do is pull out fuel filter and inspect for rust .
All 2009 + with CR engines have this problem specially in clod climate like where you are.

Also post full out scan so we can see description of the codes, low fuel pressure could be many things.Since you have VCDS is it not to hard to do this.

dancan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=13637
Thank you for your help ended up being the high pressure fuel pump i was able to identify the right pump with my VCDS by having them work one at the time Wonderful!!!