Skoda Electric seats not moving Very Odd

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I second other people's opinion, module 36 could just be toasted. Shouldn't be expensive to find a used one on the bay, but it will be a trip to the dealer for parameterization (required only if the module was NOT pulled from a Superb).

darkchina: Hi - hope you are keeping well and that you are not on any cruise-ships! ;)

I'm not sure that the module is indeed "toast" (my supposition was laced with doubt and it was sheer conjecture). Certainly, the module isn't saying that it's sick, or in a terminal condition - it just seems to be a very odd set of circumstances for the module to half respond as it has.

Perhaps the VCDS deities @ RT might proffer an opinion - maybe?

If it was my car, I'd like to know more about the true state of the module before spending my hard earned $s - but then, I like investigating weird problems and I HATE giving $s to dealers if not absolutely necessary! :D

What about polling the car again without the UDS aggressive mode button ticked (i.e. to more closely simulate the factory tool)? Or, perhaps trying a few of the facilities in Output tests -03 to check the ability of the module to control its electrical outputs (and the wiring that connects it to the various devices)?

@ sheepie: again, can you access the long code string directly from the hex36 Open Controller screen? What about accessing Adaptation -10?

Don

sheepie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345371
darkchina: Hi - hope you are keeping well and that you are not on any cruise-ships! ;)

I'm not sure that the module is indeed "toast" (my supposition was laced with doubt and it was sheer conjecture). Certainly, the module isn't saying that it's sick, or in a terminal condition - it just seems to be a very odd set of circumstances for the module to half respond as it has.

Perhaps the VCDS deities @ RT might proffer an opinion - maybe?

If it was my car, I'd like to know more about the true state of the module before spending my hard earned $s - but then, I like investigating weird problems and I HATE giving $s to dealers if not absolutely necessary! :D

What about polling the car again without the UDS aggressive mode button ticked (i.e. to more closely simulate the factory tool)? Or, perhaps trying a few of the facilities in Output tests -03 to check the ability of the module to control its electrical outputs (and the wiring that connects it to the various devices)?

@ sheepie: again, can you access the long code string directly from the hex36 Open Controller screen? What about accessing Adaptation -10?

Don

No output tests work it say refused by controler if i remeber correctly . Also Adaptations where doing the same will check again today . Also the headunit in the car also says seating unavilable under car menu. I feel like the unit is in a sleeping state . Anyone got a better diagram ? today am going to try and pico scope can lines just to see if they look ok . How do the units wake up? Can?

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
DV52 said:

of course I am stuck on the ship, we are close to California and CDC will not allow anybody off, not even Americans :banghead:

if it was my car I would also love to know more, but it seems easy enough to get another module on the bay and try. I would just make sure to get it from a seller that offers a return within the 14 days :)

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Anyone got a better diagram ?.............How do the units wake up? Can?

sheepie: I couldn't get a WD directly from skoda, but I have cobbled together the diagram below from lots of pages for a late model mk7. Because the module has many, many peripherals, I've rotated the diagram by 90 degrees- but it's easy to turn around!

As for your second question and based on my MQB test-bench observations, the module wake-up signal for the general CAN network seems to have its genesis in the ignition key insertion/turn-on sequence (including but not limited to the "C" switch) - which on MQB platform vehicles appears to be in the hex16 module.

The other important part of module wake-up seems to be the generation of the T15 voltage which ostensibly comes from a signal on the BCM - this triggers a electro-mechanical relay (it's called J329 on MQB vehicles). However, as you can see from my WD, j810 doesn't have a T15 pin, so I suspect that the wake-up signal is transferred to the module as a CAN message - I think

Don

CNZMU31.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
of course I am stuck on the ship, we are close to California and CDC will not allow anybody off, not even Americans :banghead:

if it was my car I would also love to know more, but it seems easy enough to get another module on the bay and try. I would just make sure to get it from a seller that offers a return within the 14 days :)

Darkchina: Given sheepie's latest revelations (about the failure of the output tests and no access to other parts of the module) - I have to agree

Don
PS: stay safe

sheepie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345371
Thanks guy that diagram is wrong in the sense of wire colours but i have checked as much as i can looks like new module is needed to move forward.

I will order one today and see where we end up !

Thanks again will report back

sheepie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345371
End result Is the ........... The module was bricked ! New module fitted plug and play BUT vcds cant seem to do any basic setting or activate output tests on new module.

Only issue with this is memory seat will not work but manuel controls are working fine . Seat module has been revised many times so looks like they have issues

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
memory won't work until you clear out basic settings. do it manually like we discussed a few days ago.

Back