General Corona Virus Discussion

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Apparently there are nutters in the UK attacking vaccination sites and one of the people identified also believes the planet is flat. We never used to have these problems when we had an extensive network of mental asylums instead of “care in the community”.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We never used to have these problems when we had an extensive network of mental asylums instead of “care in the community”.
... and before we had 'social media' - which seem to be better at spreading conspiracy theories than correct information.

Ronaldo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357813
... and before we had 'social media' - which seem to be better at spreading conspiracy theories than correct information.
Interesting that people now believe the Apollo moon landings were fake because "there was no technology for that" but such disbelief was not so popular in the seventies, when people lived with the technology of those times.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
fake-moon-landing-salute.png

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
I saw a clip of CNN today where some nutter of a presenter blamed the Tonga volcanic eruption on climate change, FFS! The trouble is some people will believe him and the myth will perpetuate. If I was his boss I would sack him but that would probably make it worse.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not to mention the Soviets, who really would have liked to have gotten there first. You think they didn't watch the Apollo missions very carefully and closely using their own equipment? If the moon landings had been faked, they would have called us out on it back in 1969!

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
And now, back on topic:

The Hill is pretty mainstream. It seems it's finally becoming acceptable to question the narrative we've all been fed for the previous 22 months:

-Uwe-

DneprDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346555

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Buzz Aldrin did punch a moon landing denier in the face.
Yep. Calling someone who has "the right stuff" a "a coward and a liar" to their face might not go well.
tyFGzUy.gif

-Uwe-

dieseldub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28764
Welp, I finally wound up with a case of COVID myself last week. Almost certainly got it from a co-worker, it took him out and one other guy as well.

Fortunately for me, it was pretty mild. I had been boostered just before Christmas, so that likely helped prevent it from being anything approaching severe.

Throat started to get a little scratchy Thursday night, woke up Friday morning, sat down to breakfast, realized I couldn't taste or smell it like normal. Stayed home, boss actually brought me one the hard-to-find at home tests (at least hard to find around here, most places seem to be out of them every time I check) and it confirmed I was positive.

Had a mild headache, post-nasal drip, the sore throat stuck around for a number of days, headache was largely gone by Sunday, sore throat slowly reduced in severity until it was no longer noticeable by Wednesday. Started getting taste and smell senses back around that time as well. Thursday I seemed asymptomatic, aside from taste and smell still not quite being 100%. Friday and yesterday felt damn near back to normal already. So yeah, fortunately, no big deal.

The unvaccinated coworker who spread it to us apparently did not feel good, at all... not quite enough to go to the hospital, but definitely looked/felt like trash. Doesn't help he's a smoker, I'm sure.

On a semi-related note, I did find an article about how good immunity is from having a semi-recent previous case of COVID vs. being only vaccinated without previous exposure. Was pretty interesting. Having a previous case of COVID does give you better immune response, for a time, at least, than a vaccine alone. Seems immunity with either wanes with time, so, if you are like my co-worker who did have a previous case way back in 2020, your immunity from that previous case is likely largely gone without having any exposure to that spike protein since in a year and a half's time, same basically applies to the vaccine.

But, I guess being both vaccinated and now having recovered from having a case, I'll have some level of 'super-immunity' for maybe 6 months :D

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Seems immunity with either wanes with time
... just like with 'flu, which is one of the reasons we have annual 'flu vaccinations (the other being variant evolution).

Sounds like Covid vaccinations will need to follow the same route to me :confused:

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
Discussion is going off course by you know, those folks who are starting to "question" the science.

:popcorn:

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I had been boostered just before Christmas,
So three shots in one year and you still got infected?

That might make a person wonder if they're just as "safe" as they are "effective". ;)

-Uwe-

Reactions: rks

rks

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57026
😂😂😂

Today:

One of the jabbed engineers got Covid last week. He told, that he had to spend two days in bed last week. None of the unvaxxed next to him got ill. All in the same laboratory.
Unbelievable comment of another junkie: "That's the proof that the vaccine works, otherwise he would have been really ill." Made me speechless. Unbelievable.

I guess there must be something in it that affects the brain, but not in a positive way. I feel often some kind of aggressive behavior of this kind of people.

Please don't hate, make love ❤️

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
So three shots in one year and you still got infected?

That might make a person wonder if they're just as "safe" as they are "effective".

@Uwe: With the greatest respect, there is an important difference between preventing disease and preventing infection!!

I'm more than happy to be told otherwise, but I wasn't aware that any of the COVID vaccines claim to be "sterilizing immunity” type.

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I wasn't aware that any of the COVID medicines claim to be "sterilizing immunity” vaccines.
Uhm, roughly one year ago, Fauci, Walensky, and even President Biden all claimed that if ya took the "vaccines" you would not get Covid, and you would not be able to spread Covid. Is that not what a sterilizing vaccine does?

Now I will excuse Biden (who made that clam as recently as last July!) because he's obviously senile and hasn't a clue about much of anything, but I will not excuse the Sad Little Man.

-Uwe-

Reactions: rks

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
Disease and infection are always related but not in a transparent way. If infection is acute (lots of virions get in) the disease will appear quickly but might not appear at all if only a small number of cells are breached. Virus numbers grow until they burst the infected cells and infect other cells. Once enough cells are infected and the body’s response becomes strong enough, disease appears and infection can be passed on to others. Just a question of numbers. The immune system is the gorilla. But if some agent ,say a vaccine, skews the numbers against the virus then that is better than nothing. Once infected the virus will continue to spread to other cells without fail but at varying rate. Vey depressing.

A prediction: There will be no discussion by public health authorities of the specific added burden of Covid infection on human cells .

IMHO. I would prefer to be wrong.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Uhm, roughly one year ago, Fauci, Walensky, and even President Biden all claimed that if ya took the "vaccines" you would not get Covid, and you would not be able to spread Covid. Is that not what a sterilizing vaccine does?

Now I will excuse Biden (who made that clam as recently as last July!) because he's obviously senile and hasn't a clue about much of anything, but I will not excuse the Sad Little Man.
@Uwe: hmm...... Politicians and public figures in ALL countries use different words to mean different things (example, the word "effective" in the video). And yes,I agree- some (most?) (all?) of these words are deliberately vague so that they support the message (not the truth)!

I know that you are a man of science; someone who has clearly demonstrated an intellectual rigor in critically analyzing the actual information (rather than the rhetoric). So, I'm absolutely convinced that you have not been swayed by "Fauci, Walensky, and even President Biden" - and I suspect that you might even have considered critically the words of President Trump!! ;)

Again AFAIK, no COVID vaccine maker has ever made the claim that their medicines are the "sterilizing immunity” type. In ALL cases, these vaccines have the normal purpose of disease control - not infection control!

That said, it might be that some vaccines do have an impact on infection - but this is yet to be proven, and if it is - it would be highly unlikely to provide infection protection across variant types!!

Don

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
In Australia with a 95% double vaccination rate the severe outcome of ICU treatment is about 20 time more likely in an unvaccinated person than a vaccinated person. This appears to be relatively consistent across all age groups. It is hard to explain this difference in behavioural terms between the 95% of the population who are vaccinated and the 5% who are not and it is most likely because vaccination is very effective in preventing severe outcomes in most cases. I call that effective enough for me.

The overall death rate in Australia continues to be about normal with a reduction in other deaths balancing generally the increase in deaths due to Covid, this is due to a range of factors including lockdowns reducing car accidents, reduction in influenza deaths especially in the elderly and a reduced number treatments for other diseases with a reduced number of negative outcomes from the treatment, some of this reduction of treatment will come back in higher deaths in the future possibly

So far no significant impact of the high vaccination rate causing deaths or significant illness from side effects but maybe 2 years and 25 million people is not enough of a trial yet. Who knows but I call that safe enough for me.

Others of course may judge differently

cheers
Rohan

rks

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57026
95% vaccination?

Seems like a real success story:

I just ask myself, if in Equatorial Guinea the vaccination rate is also 95%: :popcorn:

I guess all this is some kind of psychological problem. I remember people behaving like this in my old motocross times. Hole in the crankcase, oil and metal pieces on the soil but "there is nothing better than Honda". :rolleyes:
Not to misunderstand: Honda produces nice motorcycles, but this one was just a piece of sh**. Seems to produce some kind of pain for some people to admit.

Back