General Corona Virus Discussion

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
They certainly are not, the UK will stand shoulder to shoulder with them as they did twice for us last century.
@Crasher: hmm......... for Australia, the matter of China's growing arsenal of war weaponry and their expansionist programs (both of which have the clear objective of becoming the world's greatest superpower) is more immediate because of the physical position of our continent

As for UK (and USA) standing "shoulder to shoulder.....as they did twice for us last century" - I'm not so sure!!

If Australia was attacked by China, I'm certain that some support would be received from our "global-partners" - but it would be only to the extent that the support given would also serve the sovereign interests of our "global-partners".

I have absolutely no doubt that in such a battle, Australia's interest would NOT entirely equate with the interests of our "global partners". And I'm equally convinced that Australia's actions during the 2 x world wars has little (if any) relevance to the level of support that we would receive. This is NOT a criticism of UK and USA - it's the indisputable reality of self interest!!

Allow me to use an analogy. The role of Australia and our "global-partners" in such a battle with China is akin to the role of the chicken and the pig in a bacon and egg sandwich; the chicken (read our "global-partners") is involved in the outcome - but the pig (read Australia) is committed !!

Don

PS: But the more interesting question would be - what would France do if China attacked Australia? Not sure if you are aware, but the French and Australian PMs have been at loggerhead over Australia's decision to abandon negotiations with France and instead to buy nuclear submarines from USA.

PPS: @Buce: if your nephew comes to Australia as part of the nuclear sub purchase program with USA, I'll add a shrimp to the barbie and there will be a frosty can for him at my place on the proviso that he tells me all about his uncle!!

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
If Australia was attacked by China, I'm certain that some support would be received from our "global-partners" - but it would be only to the extent that the support given would also serve the sovereign interests of our "global-partners".
History surely shows us that has always been true. Once the 'global partners' risks exceed their perceived benefits then their support lessens, are not the recent events in Afghanistan the latest example of this?

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
If the UK did not support Australia then the public would bring the government down, there is no point appeasing people like Ping, Hilter taught us that.

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
I guess the term "general" in the thread title still makes this a corona virus discussion ;) , because "specific" it ain't.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
[ clicks link ]

Summary: notorious ivermectin hucksters hold a scheduled rally outside a hospital ER to declare that three unspecified doulas (not doctors, not nurses) told him that on an unspecified date, at unspecified locations, there were thirteen stillbirths. One of said hucksters got his privileges revoked for administering horse dewormer (as in, procured from the local agricultural co-op because nobody in the human medical field would deal with him).

You'll fake-news a mountain of concrete data about the most-studied vaccine in the history of vaccines, but you'll lap this poor-quality victimhood-fantasy fan fiction up, and beg for more. It's worrying. [ETA: Personal attack removed. Don't do that here!]
Every one of those doctors is legit, search their name one by one. Why would they come out and risk losing their license to practice?

To understand where we are going one needs to understand where we have been. Every war since Napoleon has been scripted by the Rothschilds, communism was funded by them, big pharma is owned by them.

You'll figure out as your friends drop of heart, stroke, pneumonia this next year. Watch non covid death stats coming from the EU, UK increasing by 20% already since the vax.

The correlation between the excess mortality in the federal states and their vaccination rate when weighted with the relative number of inhabitants of the federal state is .31. This number is surprisingly high and would be negative if vaccination were to reduce mortality

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

The correlation between the excess mortality in the federal states and their vaccination rate when weighted with the relative number of inhabitants of the federal state is .31. This number is surprisingly high and would be negative if vaccination were to reduce mortality
Watch out for Simpson's Paradox. The chart in that paper looks like it might be a candidate for it.

Simpsons_paradox_-_animation.gif

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Interesting analysis:

-Uwe-

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
Interesting analysis:

-Uwe-
Ha, ha, ha. It seems Trump was right according to this analysis, the more tests the worse it looks especially if the tests are misinterpreted. But we must navigate the best we can despite knowing that some (but which ?) advice is always wrong.

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
Hundreds of thousands protesting all across Europe today in disagreement of you know "the science". MSM here in the states shows absolutely none of it while some MSM in Europe calling these far right protests.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
MSM here in the states shows absolutely none of it
They wouldn't want us to get any ideas!

Then again, the courts here are shooting down Brandon's mandates one by one.

-Uwe-

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Had my third jab today, the Moderna version. It will be interesting to see if it makes me feel like I have flu for 6 hours 24 hours later as I did with the Pfizer

Last edited:

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Similar here. Got Comirnaty/Pfizer/Biontech boosted 2 weeks ago, with little to no reaction except a slightly sore arm for a day or two. My son got his first shot two days after his 7th birthday. That said, vaccinating kids (age 5-11) is approved by the EMA but limited to a special kids vial/packaging. So by definition it was an off label use and it was tough to find a doctor who would actually do that. He ended up getting the (for kids his age recommended) 1/3 dose which came out of a regular Comirnaty/Pfizer/Biontech vial.

FWIW, I used to have 5G on my Google Pixel 4a 5G but after that 3rd shot, I am struggling with poor reception. I fear, that they injected just saline... 😉

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
It's called a placebo when they inject something that isn't supposed to do anything..... :D

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Reactions: rks

HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
T had my Pfizer booster about 3 weeks ago and had a flu like feeing for 12 hours, which I did not have with my first 2 Oxford AZ jabs.
Regards HMC

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
It's called a placebo when they inject something that isn't supposed to do anything..... :D

Darn! At least they could have done something homeopathic... Oh, wait... 😂

@Uwe correct me if I am wrong, but that is just an abstract of a test done on patients who all got vaccinated, not a a fully documented study and especially not a double-blind study (so there is no control group). So while the headline certainly catches attention, methodically it appears to lack substance and verification. Based on a brief search - I cannot find the actual study (beyond this abstract) or a single peer review on it which strikes me as odd and leads me to believe that this is (until the full details emerge) is at best unverified and potentially misleading.

FWIW, one can argue that you posting this is a classic technique of science denial (FLICC) with cherry picking and quote mining. If you can provide more than just the headline, feel free to. Until then, I do consider this entry as non-relevant to the discussion.

This analysis has been shared mostly in the right wing truth seekers bubble and oh surprise, it has some serious flaws. The authors themselves have distanced themselves from this interpretation and specifically stated, that this was taken out of context. A slightly more detailed (German) analysis on this paper can be found here...

...and for what it's worth, this is the current vaccination rate in Germany by state.

Compare that to the actual infections...

...and you get an idea. We do have a statistically proven 0.8% death rate (by infections), however the next weeks (and it has already started) you will see that number diverging because the test capacity in my country has been exceeded. While the overall lab availability is in the 85%/86% range at the moment, many labs in regions with high demand have been working way above capacity. This means, that many cases will not be properly PCR tested anymore and/or tested late so they don't fall into the report time frame anymore.

Our medical/clinical system is already overwhelmed, we have patients being MedEvac'ed through the country just to make room for new patients. Almost all primary and secondary care facilities have dramatically reduced or completely scrapped elective surgeries. This means cancer, hip surgeries (you name it...) are being deferred, which also means many will be without proper treatment and this will result in unnecessary excessive deaths in the next months on top of the COVID deaths. I have several friends at the local university clinic as well as other clinics around the country and they all say "I have not seen anything like this in my career."

What many here are missing in your numbers and studies and statistics games, we are talking about actual people. People like Jack who were patients, but also about those who care for them and try to get them through this. The reality here is, that our medical staff around this country in an overwhelming majority is overworked by the sheer influx of patients. They cannot provide the best level of care anymore. Having a high care ICU bed means nothing, if you cannot staff it. A good mine working in one of those emergency rooms in Bavaria wrote a few ago...

"I'm taking one patient down to the basement in every shift, sometimes more than one. All of them in the last weeks have been unvaccinated COVID cases. We are trying to block out the personal toll this takes, but many of us will quit this job over the next few months because we cannot bare it anymore."

Last edited:
Back