General Corona Virus Discussion

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
The same gesture is the closing of a priest's last rites to a dying person.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The same gesture is the closing of a priest's last rites to a dying person.....
Sure, but in that case I think it's still a hope that things go well for the person in it's given to; i.e. that his soul will go to heaven rather than that other place. :D

-Uwe-

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I already know where I'm going. The big guy is afraid that I will take over, so my eternity will be spent somewhere warm..... :D

• Haha
Reactions: Uwe

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Florida???

...or the Death Barge to Sto-vo-kor?????

scream-tng-696x532.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
This is not going to be eradicated, and it’s not going to be eliminated,” Fauci told ABC’s “This Week.”
A tacit admission that the so-called vaccines don't really work.

“And what’s going to happen is that we’re going to see that each individual is going to have to make their calculation of the amount of risk that they want to take.
So it only took him two years to come around to accepting what I've suggested all along. :rolleyes:

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Sure, but in that case I think it's still a hope that things go well for the person in it's given to; i.e. that his soul will go to heaven rather than that other place. :D

-Uwe-
Naarh...... I've never understood believers' affinity for Heaven; if there is indeed an afterlife for the nebulous and highly dubious concept of a "soul" - then unlike life, death is for an eternity!! At least some religions believe in re-incarnation - which logically means that death is temporary (albeit, it does beg the question of what happens when this lonely blue planet is no more - but I digress).

Anyhow, assuming that either Christianity, or Islam is correct (both hold that there is only one life on earth), what self-respecting soul wants to spend their infinite and unending days in a boring place like heaven?

Yes, there might be a bit of discomfort - but Hell sounds much more interesting in the long, long, very-long days to come !!

Don

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
My friend who has serious health issues and his girlfriend (who is NHS staff) are now on their third bout of Covid and STILL they refuse to have the vaccine... impossible!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@Crasher: hmm....... your example supports my suspicion that there is a substantial "religious-like belief" in anti-vaccination; a faith based conviction, rather than a position based on facts!!

It's little solace - I agree for cases like that of your friends, but ultimately it is their right as adults to hold their beliefs

Don

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
It's little solace - I agree for cases like that of your friends, but ultimately it is their right as adults to hold their beliefs

A picture (from almost a year ago) is worth a thousand words..... :cry:

20210701202445-6a52578c.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My friend who has serious health issues and his girlfriend (who is NHS staff) are now on their third bout of Covid and STILL they refuse to have the vaccine... impossible!
Or perhaps they noticed the data in UKHSA reports that have consistently shown a higher infection rate (per 100,000 people) among the vaxed than the unvaxed since around the beginning of the year? Sadly, they've stopped publishing them; I suppose they were just too embarrassing and too many people refused to believe all the hand-waving in those reports claiming that the data shouldn't be interpreted to mean what it shows.

your example supports my suspicion that there is a substantial "religious-like belief" in anti-vaccination; a faith based conviction, rather than a position based on facts!!
No, the "faith based conviction" is that these injections will keep one from catching this virus, despite all the evidence that they don't.

-Uwe-

Reactions: rks

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
hmm...... @vreihen : alas-no, not worth 1000 words; forgive my ignorance if I'm making a giant faux pas and these individuals are persons of note!! To my ageing Antipodean eyes the individuals in the picture appear to be 3 x nondescript gentlemen (albeit I'm sure - very likeable blokes)!! I can't even identify the logo on the cap!!

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
these individuals are persons of note!!
One is vreihen himself, one is our own Eric, and I probably should know who the third person is, but I'm drawing a blank. The picture was taken last summer at a memorial get-together for Jack.

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
No, the "faith based conviction" is that these injections will keep one from catching this virus, despite all the evidence that they don't.
@Uwe: we keep having this discussion - when we shouldn't because the facts cannot be in dispute!

NOT one single manufacturer of COVID vaccine has ever (repeat "ever" for emphasis) maintained that their medicine "will keep one from catching the virus". It is possible for vaccinations to be effective as infection control medicines, but COVID vaccines are intended for disease control; meaning that their purpose is to combat the effects of the infection, not its cause!

I'm aware that you have quoted leading US figures as claiming that COVID vaccines will stop infection - but this doesn't make the claim true. This said, it may be true that the current batch of vaccines do indeed have some efficacy as infection control - but if they do, the benefit has yet to be proven

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
NOT one single manufacturer of COVID vaccine has ever (repeat "ever" for emphasis) maintained that their medicine "will keep one from catching the virus".
Yet @Crasher seems to think it would keep his "friend who has serious health issues and his girlfriend (who is NHS staff)" from having caught it or catching it again.

-Uwe-

Reactions: rks

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
@Uwe: NOT one single manufacturer of COVID vaccine has ever (repeat "ever" for emphasis) maintained that their medicine "will keep one from catching the virus".

Yet @Crasher seems to think it would keep his "friend who has serious health issues and his girlfriend (who is NHS staff)" from having caught it or catching it again.

-Uwe-
That's the difference between public perceptions and manufacturers claims - which, as is usually the case, are not the same.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
One is vreihen himself, one is our own Eric, and I probably should know who the third person is, but I'm drawing a blank. The picture was taken last summer at a memorial get-together for Jack.

Jack's best friend Todd, who is a lurker on this forum and the only person he ever trusted with a key to the shop.....

Reactions: Uwe

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Mother of Crasher (82) has had all four jabs and still caught Covid, it was unpleasant and recovery is being slow but she survived and we are all convinced this is because of the vaccination but it is something impossible to prove or deny. Possibly in the years to come, independent academic research will give us a conclusive answer but I fear some will not believe the results one way or another no matter what.