General Corona Virus Discussion

dieseldub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28764
Made an emergency run to California for some necessary paperwork I had unwittingly left in a storage unit from my move, drove down second half of Wednesday, was surprised to find out that the state government had already lifted their mask requirements while Oregon and other West Coast states have not yet.

I don't care what side of the political divide you're on, but most of us did not expect to see California being one of the FIRST to lift restrictions. Goes against the common narrative for sure.

Of course cities and counties can still opt to keep the restrictions as they see fit, but as far as the state government is concerned, it's no longer required. More liberal regions like the Bay Area still have their mandates in place, but you get out in the sticks, no one's got masks on indoors anymore. It's beginning to normalize for some folks.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Gee I wonder why??????????

Protesters in Canberra with face burns from LRAD device used on them.

Elderly woman in Ottawa trampled by police horse during a peaceful protest, she was using a mobility scooter.
Fred: - yes indeed!!!

I'm not sure if your years on this fragile blue planet are as plentiful as mine, but I very much doubt it! Anyway and as I have said in the past - I do enjoy considering other's different views. However, I'm well aware of the difference between "minority" and "main-stream" positions. And importantly, I'm particularly mindful of "the oil and the squeaky wheel" syndrome.

So yes, the minority view of COVID nay-sayers has been very loud - bordering on deafening in many instances!! Nevertheless and mercifully, these are still minority positions and to put the anti-crescendo into proper perspective - there have been slightly less than 7.7 Billion souls that haven't made such noises.

Truth has never been about decibels!!

Don if you don't do anything else in your life WAKE UP!
Fred - your concern that I spend my remaining days on this earth in a more enlightened manner is appreciated - thank you, and rest assured that I will continue to try. :thumbs:

BUT - if the consequence of awakening from my hitherto comatose stupor means believing that COVID control strategies (including perhaps, the contagion itself) are the instruments whereby Governments around the world can satisfy their primal ambitions to subjugate the freedoms of their peoples- then I'll gladly choose euthanasia over your dystopian form of enlightenment!!

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I don't care what side of the political divide you're on, but most of us did not expect to see California being one of the FIRST to lift restrictions.
Uhm... That's a very left-coast centric perspective. Plenty of other states abandoned restrictions long ago.

-Uwe-

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
This video could be total BS coming from a far right hosting community.

Live streams from Ottawa yesterday showed riot police not speaking English or French, some say UN troops and anyone can track these tail numbers to CYYB air base 3 1/2 hrs. north of Ottawa.

3 planes all United Nations C-FWWU, FMCY, FXLH.

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
I am surprised they don't have their foil hats on :)

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Her Majesty QE2 has been reported to have COVID, at age 95 and with three jabs.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Her Majesty QE2 has been reported to have COVID, at age 95 and with three jabs.....
Wait, how is that possible?

Didn't Joe Biden tell us that, "you're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations"?
Why yes, he did.

Isn't everyone who comes into contact with Her Majesty vaccinated, which Dr. Fauci said makes you, "A Dead End To The Virus"? And didn't Rochelle Walensky claim that, "Vaccinated people do not carry the virus"?

"Safe and effective". I don't think it means what they think it means.

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
This video could be total BS coming from a far right hosting community.
Fred: don't you love an Aussie accent ??? (personally, I don't think that we have an accent - but I could be mistaken)?? ;)

About the most telling part of your video clip is the number of expletives (not uncommon down here) and the bottle of Hann beer just out-of-screen, on the left (it's a very nice brew)!!

Protesters in Canberra with face burns from LRAD device used on them.
hmm.... Notwithstanding the "BS" question - I might be missing an essential part of your line-of-reasoning? BUT - isn't there a fundamental problem between your assertion above and the supporting video??

LRAD is device that can put out a highly directional “beam” of incredibly loud sound. So, whilst LRAD can be extremely painful - it's an impossibility (biologically) to get "face burns" from LRAD
TRIFIELD meter (the thing in the video) measures AC magnetic field, AC electric field and radio power density (including microwaves).

If you look carefully at the dial on the TRIFIELD meter in the video, it's set to "RF"

How is it possible to substantiate a claim about LDAR with a meter reading about RF power?

And even if you could make this extremely tenuous connection (which is scientifically impossible) - what's so special about the RF readings at an event that was covered by so many news services - probably each using RF links back to their corporate facilities? Especially since the video gives no indication about how far the TRIFIELD meter was from one of the many portable-microwave links that were almost certainly at the event!!

Is this level of substantiation about COVID based conspiracy the best that you have??

Don

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Wait, how is that possible?

Didn't Joe Biden tell us that, "you're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations"?
Why yes, he did.

Isn't everyone who comes into contact with Her Majesty vaccinated, which Dr. Fauci said makes you, "A Dead End To The Virus"? And didn't Rochelle Walensky claim that, "Vaccinated people do not carry the virus"?

"Safe and effective". I don't think it means what they think it means.

-Uwe-
@Uwe: Clearly the answer to your question about the (wrong) statements from your President Biden and the eminent Dr Fauci can be found in the similar (wrong) statements by your preferred President Trump

The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”​
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”​
If the economic shutdown continues, deaths by suicide “definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we’re talking about” for COVID-19 deaths.​
“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”​
The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”​
The U.S. has “among the lowest case-fatality rates of any major country anywhere in the world.”​
“Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something like that [chloroquine - for use against COVID], and it’s—it was approved very, very quickly and it’s now approved by prescription”​

And of course, let's not forget the watershed moment (which has now become iconic in the annals of presidential briefings) when President Donald Trump encouraged his top health officials to study the injection of bleach into the human body as a means of fighting Covid.

Bottom line (and with no offense intended), selective quotes from decision makers do little to support any position - IMHO, of course!!

Don

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
and she's apprently been put on "light duties"; so someone else will have to do the gardening and muck out the chook house etc...
Probably off-topic and to add to those "light duties" - perhaps she could also transfer (not delegate) her role as the Head of State of both our countries to someone with better qualifications than who their ancestors were??

Shirley both New Zealand and Australia has grown-up sufficiently to wear adult trousers?

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Clearly the answer to your question about the (wrong) statements from your President Biden and the eminent Dr Fauci can be found in the similar (wrong) statements by your preferred President Trump
I'll excuse Biden if you'll excuse Trump; neither of them are expected to have much expertise in this area, but there's no excuse for Fauci or Walensky.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
PS: If we're going to compare politicians: Trump's messaging was one of optimism, whereas Biden's has been the opposite, predicting “A winter of severe illness and death" only a couple of months ago.

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I'll excuse Biden if you'll excuse Trump; neither of them are expected to have much expertise in this area, but there's no excuse for Fauci or Walensky.

-Uwe-

Agree - almost! However, both of them (and you, and me) are carbon based life units - therefore they/we are riddled with human frailties (most of which have been necessary for survival)!!

Yes, we expect a level of professionalism from those that we pay lots of money as decision makers - but ultimately they will invariably make errors (as do I ). The test is the importance of the consequences, how many errors they make and their response to their errors.

I'm not that close to Fauci or Walensky to make an informed judgement as to their wider competency in their jobs, but I most certainly don't condemn then for making those particular faux-pas (albeit, yes they should have known better)!!

Now, IMHO the "blunder count" for your President Trump is an entirely different matter - and its in a league of it's own. To my mind (and admittedly as a foreigner) the systemic nature of President Trump's blunders speaks volumes about his suitability to hold such power.

I know you have a different view - the one saving grace for me is that I don't/won't have to tolerate Trump as Prime Minister of Australia!! But that's small solace because the tyranny of distance between our nations is no match for the reach of the US President's powers!!

Don

Last edited:

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
I don't believe that anyone with even half a brain and the ability to read the published test data would ever claim that the vaccinations would be 100% effective against catching Covid.

Sorry.... I guess the half a brain and ability to read, rules out most politicians :)

But to be serious you have to be able to distinguish between hyperbole intended for media headlines and public consumption, and the real facts.

I am still waiting for the protesters to claim the RF waves were from 5G towers and aimed at giving them Covid :)

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Probably off-topic and to add to those "light duties" - perhaps she could also transfer (not delegate) her role as the Head of State of both our countries to someone with better qualifications than who their ancestors were??

Shirley both New Zealand and Australia has grown-up sufficiently to wear adult trousers?

Don
With either of our current "leaders"? :D I'm not convinced... Ours can't even answer the actual questions she gets asked! :facepalm:

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
Fauci's actual quote in the media interview listed above was as follows and I dont think its a claim that vaccination is 100% effective at anything

"So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic and the level of virus is so low it makes it extremely unlikely — not impossible but very, very low likelihood — that they're going to transmit it," Fauci said.

He was being over optimistic in May 2021 with limited data when he said this but you have to remember he was trying to sell the upside of vaccination in the face of a lot of exaggerated claims around the downside so you can understand a little his over selling.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
He [Fauci] was being over optimistic in May 2021 with limited data when he said this but you have to remember he was trying to sell the upside of vaccination in the face of a lot of exaggerated claims around the downside so you can understand a little his over selling.
How do you know they're "exaggerated"?

Hell, even the NY Times is now reporting that the CDC has been withholding all manner of data:

-Uwe-

Reactions: rks