General Corona Virus Discussion

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Step right up he says I have a treat for you!

220px-Josef_Mengele%2C_Auschwitz._Album_H%C3%B6cker_%28cropped%29.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As you're probably aware, I'm not keen on being first in line to get any of these vaccines, but he:
was allowed to self-administer his personal epi-pen
Someone who carries around a personal epi-pen is likely more prone to severe allergic reactions than most people, no?

-Uwe-

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Really? You have no influence or control over how much exposure you have, or your own hygiene practices?
The answer to your question is contained in the four words you cut off that quote.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Nor does the Constitution recognize a "pandemic" as a reason to restrict people's rights.
Nor does it recognize hygiene as a reason to wear pants. Like most legal topics, it falls to the several states.

Heck, the American War of Independence was fought in the midst of a multi-year long smallpox outbreak. Deadly infectious disease outbreaks have been a thing for all of recorded history.
The War of Independence was fought eighty years before it crossed someone's mind that doctors should try washing their hands.

Never before have we had the kind of restrictions imposed with this one,
Native Americans and Japanese Americans would like to help you place your inconvenience into historical context.

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Could you imagine since when is there fraud in medical industry? :rolleyes:

Bloody liver wurst with ketchup sandwich/strawberry ice cream cones and such come to mind to not order out?

Horrible just horrible? :eek:

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Been offline due to being in Intensive Care at local hospital with Covid-19, admitted on 1/2/2021 and discharged on 1/14/2021 - needed CPAP and monoclonal antibody infusion to fight off Covid-19. ICU doctors said for 3 days it was touch and go whether I would pull through. I was a pretty fit 64 year old with no underlying health issues, guess I was just unlucky?

Back home now recovering slowly, lost 15 pounds in a fortnight!

Glad to be able to contribute here again!

Ewald

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303130
I was a pretty fit 64 year old with no underlying health issues, guess I was just unlucky?

We have every year many deaths caused by influenza virus infection in that range of age. Mankind is develeoped by evolution to last for about 30 years. So be happy.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Mankind is develeoped by evolution to last for about 30 years.
My grandparents and parents all lived into mid-90s and my older siblings are still going string in late-70s so I hope evolution has given mean genes that plan for a much longer lifespan than 30 yers!

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482

Wow! Welcome back... and to the forum too :D

I'm a bit insulated from it all, down here in NZ. My wife has family in Northern Ireland that have had it too - one 40's and two in their 80's. They fared better than you, but said it wasn't much fun at all.

The problem we have here in NZ, is that we're missing out on it by good luck and not good management (super-isolated with no through trafffic ... cept'n Antartica ;)) . Any outbreaks of the new strains, and our lack of organisation is likely to be shown up:eek:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@PetrolDave: Wow - Hell of a way to lose weight, but I'm delighted to read that you are well again. Hope that there are no long-term affects and that the @PetrolDave clan is OK too.

Like NZ, Australia also keeps registering zero cases (occasionally the numbers rise, but not for long) - but unlike @NZDubNurd uncertainty (no offense intended), I have absolutely no doubt that "good-luck" plays no role in the Australasian COVID numbers. This is the most virulent infection in modern times and if left to its-own accord, it would decimated humans on every continent - good, or bad luck notwithstanding!!

Give credit where it's due - I reckon that the decision makers here and in NZ deserve acknowledgement and our thanks - as does the community in both continents for their compliance to the rules. Sure, the tyranny of distance has helped, but as we found in the early days of wave 1 and 2 - we are not immune to the virus simply by gift of isolation, or island borders!

No guarantee about future COVID performance, but well-done to us and our neighbors across the ditch!

Don

PS: @PetrolDave -as a bone-fide member of Australia's colonial masters - have you thought about emigration?:thumbs:

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
(super-isolated with no through trafffic ... cept'n Antartica ;) )

The new base where the diesels run 24/7 should be very interesting, huh? ;)