Idle adaptation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC440258 (2nd hand?)
My daughters Polo idle is a little low, so tried increasing from 128 to 130 and it accepted the change and then I saved it great.

Started the car and brilliant the idle was at 750 rpm, and before my very eyes started to drop back down to 550 rpm. Went back to adaptations and it was indicating 128 again, even though I had saved 130. Tried it again and same result.

Any pointers please as the car is a lttle lumpy at tick over with such a low idle and there are no fault codes.

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Welcome to the forum.

When you have a problem/query you post a full AutoScan of the vehicle whether there are any error codes or not [CODE] Full AutoScan [/CODE]

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
550 doesn't sound normal even with the idle adaptation value at the stock 128. I suspect there's something else awry here that should be addressed. Also, the change from 128 to 130 should only increase the RPM by 20, or maybe 40 RPM, not by 200!

Post up an Auto-Scan please. Even if there aren't any fault codes, it will at least tell us what engine and engine management system is in this Polo.

-Uwe-

Blue

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC440258 (2nd hand?)
Hi

Thanks all, will do but won't have time for a wile, but just to add the engine code is AZQ and runs sweet other than the idle and have checked the timing by removing the camshaft end caps and the slots are spot on and there are no engine fault codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back