Case Study B13BC - Multiple collision brake: No function

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
ST?ID=91869

2019 Q5, hit pothole, rack was damage and replaced. Airbag has B13BC. ODIS run on it several tries, no luck.

We tried airbag Basic Settings Reset analysis measured values and from that, the B13BC went from a hard code to intermittent and was able to clear out.

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
TSD?ID=121275

2018 Q5, similar story, some mishap but no airbags deployed, power steering rack busted up and replaced. Airbag had the same B13BC - Multiple collision brake: No function. Fresh key cycle, went into airbag and did Basic Settings "Calibrate installation location". He George didn't notice finished correctly, just not running. [Stop] and backed out of Basic Settings and was able to clear the code out.

So.... is this a fault code to expect when replacing the J500?

Reactions: Uwe

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Jef, do you have the complete DTC text ?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Niels,

We don't have scans from either of those example cars however this recent one has that B13BC DTC in 15-Airbags:
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...tiple-fault-codes-after-tire-change-alignment

I *believe* B13BC F2 [137] Multiple collision brake: No function would have been stored in Jef's example cars (because it is often stored after alignments and repairs including new 16 modules) however I found other examples in our scans.

B13BC F1 [009] Multiple collision brake: triggered (Chassis Type: FS (8U0) scan)
B13BC F3 [009] Multiple Collision Brake: Function Disabled by Driver (same Chassis Type: FS (8U0 scan)

There's also a B13BC Multiple collision brake: Crash data stored but I don't have scans to obtain the complete DTC info.