Diesel filter change - caution

Roks200

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380311
Greetings fellow VW/Audi lovers,

First of all, I have no intention to mock VCDS or discourage anyone from doing a filter change but i’d like to point out that the VCDS’s fuel pump priming might not work the same on every car.

Yesterday I was doing my major service on my 1.6 CAYC and found that my car wouldn’t start due to air lock. Just in case anyone is wondering, the solution was to bleed the injectors one by one using a spanner.

Perhaps someone can guide me on how to do it in the future so that bleeding wouldn’t be necessary as I believe I’ve done everything as per instructions: 01 Engine>basic settings>test electric fuel pump> 30 seconds intervals.

Thank you

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have not done this myself, and I have certainly not done it on on a 1.6 (because they don't exist on this side of the pond), but I'm wondering...

Air at the injectors is on the high-pressure side of the system. The filter is on the low-pressure side. How is it possible that changing the filter got air into the high-pressure side? I wouldn't expect that to happen at all.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Air at the injectors is on the high-pressure side of the system. The filter is on the low-pressure side. How is it possible that changing the filter got air into the high-pressure side? I wouldn't expect that to happen at all.

-Uwe-
It really won't and if it did it would self bleed right at recirculating weeps in first commencement of injection since CR.

BOBSER1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=275670
i have had this on my 2.7 if air gets into the line at all while changing the fuel
filter i have had to bleed the lines on each cylinder .pain in the .... . there is no prime function
on mine either .next time fill the line to the pump with diesel an fill the filter should be fine then...