New verified user (s) question

Locoelectrician

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=235721
I bought the hex-net setup for my son and I. I have a 2013 passat TDI SEL premium and he has a 2005 MK4 TDI jetta. We are both using the same license and interface but will obviously have different questions and topics. Should he create his own account and if so, will he also show up as a registered user? Or should he just sign in under mine? Great product so far and we want to get the most out of it, we just want to make sure we use the correct forum etiquette. Thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There isn't really any established etiquette for a circumstance like that. We do consider immediate family members of individual users to be eligible for support, so there's no issue if he wishes to sign up for his own account here in the forum. However I'd ask that he makes a note of who he is when he signs up. If he wants to use your account, I'm OK with that too, but in that case, I'd appreciate it if you both would "sign" your posts with your first names (assuming they are different) so the regulars here know who we're replying to.

-Uwe-

Locoelectrician

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=235721
Ha, same first names. I'll have him make his own account and note who he is. thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Just like my son, he apparently doesn't listen. But I found him. :)

-Uwe-

Locoelectrician

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=235721
No need to listen when you already know everything. Ha!

Thanks for finding him.

Reactions: Uwe