General Supplier Question

Gmickey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354933
I need to replace the blower on my Audi A5 and there are a huge number of options ranging in price from $131 to $415.

I believe in the saying that you get what you pay for, but also know sometimes you just pay more because its OEM.

Does anybody have any opinions (good or bad) on the following suppliers that all make this blower?

HT
Hella
Genuine VW/Audi
Nissens
Taehr? (aehTr?)
Vemo
ACM

Thanks,

Greg

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
Hella is a good brand, one of suppliers for VAG factories, too.
Genuine VAG - You will pay more for the same part in OE packaging. Not sure how it is in US, but in Europe You can buy, for example, OE Throttle Body that will be Bosch made but in VAG packaging for 500eur, or the same Bosch part as aftermarket spare part in Bosch packaging for 300eur.
In similar cases I always try to find some suppliers brand logo on part that need to be replaced and search for the same brand aftermarket part.
Nissens lost his good name in my eyes during last 7-8 years. Quality decreased dramatically... Last drop was couple years ago when just installed new AC condenser exploded in front of me during first test... I'm happy I had protective goggles on...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
One problem here in the US is that there is a lot of fake parts in circulation, including fake Bosch, and the fake stuff is crap. I'm not sure this would be a problem with a blower motor, but things like oxygen sensors and so on, it's very much, "buyer beware".

-Uwe-