Replacement windshield wiper switch cruise control and wiper module VW Passat B7 2013

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
maybe VCDS should do what VCP has in their programs :rolleyes:

So there is no chance to handle the coding of another driver, since I will not have the parameters that are necessary for operation.

How will I send you the driver to flash 5Q0919298K with HW index of H12 you will be able to do it 1K8919475D ?

I found something else - will it be suitable?
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/4000763395071.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5b835e96POf1SD&algo_pvid=a9b930dc-c808-4e87-b6e4-cfd15559cbbe&algo_expid=a9b930dc-c808-4e87-b6e4-cfd15559cbbe-1&btsid=0ab6fab215981832267708766ed2f5&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
That Aliexpress offering is better for you anyway - good price for adapter and module with correct software.

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
Hi
I was able to get the 5Q0919298K module from a friend and uploaded the appropriate software to it and I have the 1K8919475D version
I also received an adapter from alliexpres, so soon I will replace it with the new version and start pla 2.5
I also have a new gateway version and I will mention it on the occasion of PLA
I have also received a front camera with an adapter and a cube and I have a question for you.

Do you have a diagram of how to connect this new cube now? follow the colors of the wires of the original plug in which a short fragment is left for soldering?
Although it would be safest to have written how to connect which wire from the old cube to the new cube.
Do you have a cheat sheet?

The next step will be to replace the rear camera with the module and a new harness and I have it all at home. So I'm going to have a lot of rummaging around in the car soon :-)

I only miss the most important thing - I can't get the radio anywhere. I talked to a friend you recommend to me, but he doesn't have a radio for sale, but he can do it to me if I buy somewhere.

You don't have a radio like that somewhere?

I spotted it on ebay but it's so expensive ;-(
https://www.ebay.pl/itm/Volkswagen-...203560?hash=item340e2e2128:g:kq8AAOSwrlpdHxeA

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
What is this "cube"? The connector for the new camera?

New connector (pin and function):
2 - CAN-L (orange/brown)
4 - camera heater +12V
5 - GND (brown)
6 - +12V
8 - CAN-H
10 - camera heater GND

ebay.de is stupid expensive anyway for certain parts such as this. Keep an eye on Allegro. If you can get anything over 680B for under 500€/2000zl, its a good deal.

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
8E0972112 is the plug. There are several versions of it with different suffixes - this non-suffix one is the most suitable.

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
Hello
I finally got DM 5C0035680G and so far it looks like everything is OK. When connecting the radio, one plug was not connected. so it has to be? what is she needed for?

And I have to buy two things.

1.I miss a DAB + antenna, please tell me what is best to do. in the station wagon, the antenna should be in the left rear window and the amplifier in the left rear pillar.
Somewhere I found to replace the amplifier itself that will split the signal into FM and DAB.

-- edit

I have read a bit here and people advise against connecting to AM / FM antennas because they work on a frequency other than DAB + and recommend buying an antenna to stick to the glass. I found something like this on Allegro - what do you say?

https://allegro.pl/oferta/antena-samochodowa-przyklejana-na-szybe-dab-8716901370

2. A USB port that supports App Connect
do you know what number is this cable and plug?

--- edit

As for the cable, I think I found what I'm looking for. Please check if it is suitable.
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/32816972951.html?spm=a2g17.12057483.0.0.46cd4662f5CF9B
if so, I have another problem :-( where should it be? on the Allegro I also found two versions - shorter and longer.
Please tell me, is it possible to connect more USB ports? there is only one yellow plug in the DM.

And one more very important thing that I do not fully understand.
I would like to make an AP with the Internet in DM so that you can use it while driving. I found such a solution, the original VW CarStick LTE3, but for this it is necessary to connect the modem to the USB socket and I can only have one? Can something else be attached?
What do you think about this solution?
https://www.volkswagen.com.mt/en/connectivity/car-net/requirements.html

Last edited:

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
I finally got DM 5C0035680G and so far it looks like everything is OK. When connecting the radio, one plug was not connected. so it has to be? what is she needed for?
RVC.

1.I miss a DAB + antenna, please tell me what is best to do. in the station wagon, the antenna should be in the left rear window and the amplifier in the left rear pillar.
Somewhere I found to replace the amplifier itself that will split the signal into FM and DAB.

-- edit

I have read a bit here and people advise against connecting to AM / FM antennas because they work on a frequency other than DAB + and recommend buying an antenna to stick to the glass. I found something like this on Allegro - what do you say?

https://allegro.pl/oferta/antena-samochodowa-przyklejana-na-szybe-dab-8716901370
Left rearmost window antenna is normally for webasto reception. I used it for DAB - when driving through Germany, DAB reception wasn't very good with it. You could try experimenting with Tiguan combination FM/DAB antenna amplifier 5N0035552M - replace the left C pillar amp with it.

This Allegro antenna doesn't have the right FAKRA connector for the radio.

2. A USB port that supports App Connect
do you know what number is this cable and plug?

--- edit

As for the cable, I think I found what I'm looking for. Please check if it is suitable.
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/32816972951.html?spm=a2g17.12057483.0.0.46cd4662f5CF9B
if so, I have another problem :-( where should it be? on the Allegro I also found two versions - shorter and longer.
Please tell me, is it possible to connect more USB ports? there is only one yellow plug in the DM.
This is the correct cable for connecting one and only USB to the radio.

Yes, you can add 2 USB-s. For a proper OEM installation, you need many parts which may not be available from the aftermarket. Also you can't use any of the one USB cable - everything is different. I went down this rabbit hole...

And one more very important thing that I do not fully understand.
I would like to make an AP with the Internet in DM so that you can use it while driving. I found such a solution, the original VW CarStick LTE3, but for this it is necessary to connect the modem to the USB socket and I can only have one? Can something else be attached?
What do you think about this solution?
https://www.volkswagen.com.mt/en/connectivity/car-net/requirements.html
Can't comment on this because I simply don't know :)

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
You will need to also replace the park assist module 10 with module 1K8919475D and also have it parameterized with VCP. The new module will also have different connectors but a converter is available (you'll also have to add some pins to the converter as it's normally for 8K PDC, you have 12K PLA 2.0). You will gain auto-activation of the parking sensors while slowly driving forward, like on Golf 7 and Passat B8.
I already have the 1K8919475D module. What do you need to do to activate the function that you wrote about so that the parking sensor is automatically activated during slow driving?

As for Dynaudio, AFAIK everything else looks OK. But keep in mind, the door wiring harnesses in cars with a factory amp (VW Sound System and Dynaudio) are way different than cars without one. Amplified systems will have all the door speakers (tweeter, midrange, midbass) connected directly to the amplifier via seperate wires, while the unamplified system will have only a single pair of wires go into the door (tweeter, midbass). Either you will have to run extra wires for midrange speaker and tweeter or replace the door wiring harnesses in full.
Do you have cable codes for the dynaudio system to be plugged into the door speakers? And for the next modification including side assist in the mirrors?

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
Yes, the TPMS position is exactly the same. I have the same CNG model and have done this retrofit.
I need cables for TPMS module. Does she have a number? Did you do it yourself or did you buy a finished product?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
I need cables for TPMS module. Does she have a number? Did you do it yourself or did you buy a finished product?
Finished product -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32829088392.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.9.4a2f38dfRtVATo

I already have the 1K8919475D module. What do you need to do to activate the function that you wrote about so that the parking sensor is automatically activated during slow driving?
Don't quite remember but it should be plainly visible in long coding helper. Also look in the MFA for "Settings -> Park assist -> ParkPilot -> automatic activation checked" or something like that.
Do you have cable codes for the dynaudio system to be plugged into the door speakers? And for the next modification including side assist in the mirrors?
The speakers' plugs are the same as stock and VW Sound speakers.
Midbass/midrange: 1J0972704 speaker side | 191972714 door side
Tweeters: 1J0971972 speaker side | 3B0972712 door side

Proper Side Assist plugs for the mirror lights are essentially unavailable for seperate purchase. I resorted to buying complete full-featured B7 Alltrack side mirrors. You can purchase a wiring kit -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828254378.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.44.4a2f38df95LyGV
The kit actually makes financial sense because the Side Assist radar plugs 4E0972713 are quite expensive seperately (~15€/piece).

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
"561" indicates these door harnesses are for the US model Passat - you need "3AB" which is for the RoW Passat B7.

3AB971120AK or BK
3AB971121BH or CM

Both are full feature front door wiring harnesses: Side Assist, kessy, VW Sound/Dynaudio. There are at least 30 variants of each side, split by vehicle production dates. You can see here -> https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/passat+4motion+santana/pa/2012-702/9/971-972033/
For VW Sound/Dynaudio, you need the PR codes 9VQ/9VE need to be present. 7Y4 for Side Assist and 4F2 for kessy.

There is no harm in buying harnesses which contain more features than you need - these wires will just be unused. When I changed my driver door harness, the brand new harness from the dealer came with kessy, even though my vehicle didn't have kessy at the time. I tucked the kessy wires away, to be used later :)

Reactions: Uwe

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
do you have side assist in your car?
Does the factory set for passat have radar support when I leave the parking lot in the back and check if the car is driving and braking so as not to hit it?

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
I'm just putting on an auto-opening hook. :D

kaleon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=376848
In conjunction with DM PQ, only the traffic sign recognition requires the Passat B8 front camera (module A5). So you will lose it if you don't change the camera but you gain a much better Lane Assist. Suitable A5 model is 3Q0980654F.
Hi
I still have the line assistant camera to replace. Does this video show what I have to do with the plastic holding the camera mount? it's all about the incision and at the end of the video from 2:29 something sticks - is it a camera heater?
I'm afraid that when I start cutting the cover it will be a road of no return :-D

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Hi
I still have the line assistant camera to replace. Does this video show what I have to do with the plastic holding the camera mount? it's all about the incision and at the end of the video from 2:29 something sticks - is it a camera heater?
I'm afraid that when I start cutting the cover it will be a road of no return :-D

Yes, you'll have to cut some of the plastic. This I haven't done for myself. The pad being sticked is the camera heater - make sure to get the proper heater pad for 3Q0 camera - 3Q0862505 or 5NA862505, not 5Q0862505 or you will get messages in the wintertime on the MFD about the windscreen needing washing. You can also remove the old heater wires from the camera mounting bracket.

Last edited:

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Thats a lot of material to be thrown away :) Otherwise yes.