Status
Not open for further replies.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Has anyone had random misfires? They come and.go especially in start up idle. Not isolated to one cylinder so hard to swap coils and see if it follows. I sealed up a vacuum leak I had and replaced the MAF sensor. It worked for a day or so and came back worse. My engine light was flashing and one cylinder misfired close to300 miles while driving on the highway. Could it be a head gasket.? I do t have any other issues other than an evap code. Doubt they are related as I have had the evap code for over a year. Wondering if it's time to junk it. It's a convertible so it's a second car and not needed if it's going to cost a fortune to fix it. Every once in a while it will throw a cat code 16825 although I can get it to pass the test with basic setting.s. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Has anyone had random misfires? They come and.go especially in start up idle. Not isolated to one cylinder so hard to swap coils and see if it follows. I sealed up a vacuum leak I had and replaced the MAF sensor. It worked for a day or so and came back worse. My engine light was flashing and one cylinder misfired close to300 miles while driving on the highway. Could it be a head gasket.? I do t have any other issues other than an evap code. Doubt they are related as I have had the evap code for over a year. Wondering if it's time to junk it. It's a convertible so it's a second car and not needed if it's going to cost a fortune to fix it. Every once in a while it will throw a cat code 16825 although I can get it to pass the test with basic setting.s. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

Sorry misfired 300 times not miles lol

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Stop opening alternate threads and asking for guess answers now you do realize you are failing to concentrate on the repairs needed in the first thread, right?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Well I figured I might get a better response if I updated to the correct thread as the other one was for another code.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well I figured I might get a better response if I updated to the correct thread as the other one was for another code.

TIVp2.gif

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.