Dreaded P0441 Evap Code

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the N80 valve vs the N115 valve. Of course I read online an google stuff so when I saw the possible causes of my evap code, it lists N80 valve and N115 valve. Now there is vast information on both of them. Would my car have both of them? I see where there is the part number for the same car in South Korea. It says it's the same part as the N80 valve in the USA. It just has a different part number on the South Korea model. I also saw where is mentions this part is the rear driver's side wheel well. I already took apart the passenger side apart so before I go ripping the other side apart, i just want to know if there is another purge valve in my car at the rear like I saw referenced online. Thanks

Are you going to stop being lazy and RTFB the WD? :rolleyes:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Wow ok. What does that even mean?
It means Jack won't give you a fish; he insists you learn how to catch fish yourself.

-Uwe-

PS: When you see acronyms in bold, green, with a broken underline, hover your cursor over them.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Probably cause Jack has no clue either

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
But yes I looked at the wiring diagram and it isn't a real good one from alldata. My shop wasn't even sure so that's why I was asking. So I was not being lazy as I have been trying to research that part and posted to see if a time knew for sure.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
it isn't a real good one from alldata.

We jokingly refer to Alldata as NoData or SomeData for VAG cars.

May I suggest that you use a single day access plan with erWin.audi? erWin supplies the WD the techs at the dealerships use. It ought to have the information you seek plus a lot more. All of the Audi information is in pdf format which you can download for future reference. I think the one day access is $35.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Official_Factory_Repair_Information

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Probably cause Jack has no clue either

That may indeed be the case on some subjects, however, not here, OP you do realize I hold the honor badge of ASSHOLE, right?
Don't you see I'm trying to help you un-fuck yourself & to be more self sufficient with direction and so you are not so dependent?

Come on get the RIGHT WD and when you do, lets talks about it okay?

Did you read any of the helpful links?

But yes I looked at the wiring diagram and it isn't a real good one from alldata. My shop wasn't even sure so that's why I was asking. So I was not being lazy as I have been trying to research that part and posted to see if a time knew for sure.

What did you say? :p

May I suggest that you use a single day access plan with erWin.audi? erWin supplies the WD the techs at the dealerships use. It ought to have the information you seek plus a lot more. All of the Audi information is in pdf format which you can download for future reference. I think the one day access is $35.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

Indeed isn't AllData an Oxymoron? :rolleyes:

source.gif

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
That may indeed be the case on some subjects, however, not here, OP you do realize I hold the honor badge of ASSHOLE, right?
Don't you see I'm trying to help you un-fuck yourself & to be more self sufficient with direction and so you are not so dependent?

Come on get the RIGHT WD and when you do, lets talks about it okay?

Did you read any of the helpful links?

What did you say? :p

Indeed isn't AllData an Oxymoron? :rolleyes:

source.gif

Yea I see that. The import shop in town here uses alldata so that's why I went there first. I bought a subscription on there and cancelled within a day as the stuff they had was readily available on the net. So I am guessing you think my shop is crap? There aren't many options in town for me here. So I definitely have made an effort to find the answers myself. But I guess I have to keep forking out more money in hopes I get the right info.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Just to add - I've been very happy with the accuracy of the data I paid for and downloaded from erWin.

So I fixed the vacuum leak and ran it and was still getting random misfires with all cylinders while idling. None while driving. I did the output test on the n80 valve and I could hear it working so I'm thinking my evap code is from something else. I guess at this point I am more concerned about the misfiring which I don't think could've caused by an eavp code could it? Unless all my spark plugs or coils are all going to junk at once. I am at a loss. Guess the only other thing to do is bring it in.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yea I see that. The import shop in town here uses alldata so that's why I went there first. I bought a subscription on there and cancelled within a day as the stuff they had was readily available on the net. So I am guessing you think my shop is crap? There aren't many options in town for me here. So I definitely have made an effort to find the answers myself. But I guess I have to keep forking out more money in hopes I get the right info.

Oh quit the cry baby tears already and didn't you think we would give good questions on where to get good data + you could save money by downloading the entire archive & printing it to PDF after doing the min subscription at Erwin?

See what Bruce wrote?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

I just want you to have the best data you can get for the money and FYI you could also use RB publishers too for this old POS & since it was originally the factory US publication too at the time of production, so are you ready to spit out that pacifier yet?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
OP

Just a thought sir, have tried to see what 0x01-03 outputs are displayed in the ECU & available in VCDS to document each consumer for function?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
OP

Just a thought sir, have tried to see what 0x01-03 outputs are displayed in the ECU & available in VCDS to document each consumer for function?

I think I may just have issues that are a bit too complicated for me .I have fixed quite a bunch of little things but I think this may be engine related and far beyond and of my skills. This is an old car and not my primary vehicle so I may just have to concede it's not salvageable. I do greatly appreciate the help though

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I just want to be clear you have reference materials to observe and so you can ask valid questions, is that reasonable?

EVAP is not that complicated, but you are working with dangerous volatile vapors and my first concern for you is safety, would you expect anything less?

The RTFB is a cheap investment, far cheaper than just tossed parts at an old clunker method, right?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
I just want to be clear you have reference materials to observe and so you can ask valid questions, is that reasonable?

EVAP is not that complicated, but you are working with dangerous volatile vapors and my first concern for you is safety, would you expect anything less?

The RTFB is a cheap investment, far cheaper than just tossed parts at an old clunker method, right?

I ran the evap tests group 70 and 71. All it tells me evap system not ok. I did the output tests on the n80 valve and the leak detection pump and they all worked after activating at least they sounded like they worked. It didn't me they were good or bad or anything. Just a bunch of N/a listed .I'm not sure what else I can test. I don't have leak. Only thing left would be the charcoal cannister bit not sure how to test that other than take it off and see if it's full of carbon. Since I passed emissions already this year I guess I don't have to worry about it till then and since I can have one monitor not ready I will probably never fix it

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
So with this Erwin this will tell me everything about my exact car and Evey single component and how to do fix everything?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
So with this Erwin this will tell me everything about my exact car and Evey single component and how to do fix everything?

YUP, BUT HOW ARE YOU FIXED FOR GAS CAP SEAL?

DID YOU MIGHTY VAC EVERYTHING? :rolleyes:

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
YUP, BUT HOW ARE YOU FIXED FOR GAS CAP SEAL?

DID YOU MIGHTY VAC EVERYTHING? :rolleyes:

Do you mean have I tried a new gas cap? No not yet. Guess I could try that. Have not had a chance to vac anything. I have a little one, hence the reason I am looking for answers. While doing the output tests, should there be values or will it say NA? Mine all say NA? Not sure if I need to trigger something?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Nope but I'm guessing I'll have to Google that too.

What about the output tests?

Back