G450 differential pressure sensor

dennis

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hi all,

In my attempt to save monies by not having my local Audi dealer replace my G450 sensor I have run into some issues

The new senor I have put into the 2010 Q7 3.0 TDI has an output of 1020mV and the old one has 530mV for the zero pressure reading (engine not running, this creates a reading of about -9hpa, which goes to near zero when the engine idles)

Using 12.12 I have attempted to adapt the DPF sensor, but the offset is still at 22 and so I get an implausible signal DTC

I have attempted the 5 seconds on 40 off key cycle method and that too does not seem to have a difference

I am replacing it because the senor gives a short to gnd message every now and then putting the car into limp hoe mode

The calculated soot is 12gms and with the old sensor the measured is around the same so a regen is not needed

Does anyone have ideas?

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Please post a complete vehicle Auto-Scan, that way we can see the vehicle details and exactly what engine your vehicle has and the ECM details, like software version, etc.

How to - Auto-Scan video

Thank you,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

Jetta 97

Professional User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Hi all,

In my attempt to save monies by not having my local Audi dealer replace my G450 sensor I have run into some issues

The new senor I have put into the 2010 Q7 3.0 TDI has an output of 1020mV and the old one has 530mV for the zero pressure reading (engine not running, this creates a reading of about -9hpa, which goes to near zero when the engine idles)

Using 12.12 I have attempted to adapt the DPF sensor, but the offset is still at 22 and so I get an implausible signal DTC

I have attempted the 5 seconds on 40 off key cycle method and that too does not seem to have a difference

I am replacing it because the senor gives a short to gnd message every now and then putting the car into limp hoe mode

The calculated soot is 12gms and with the old sensor the measured is around the same so a regen is not needed

Does anyone have ideas?
After installing sensor , it will need to be adopted. Also there is a 2 sensors and they are same, pressure differential sender -G505, and Exhaust Pressure Sensor (G450) ,
I have seen lot of times that G505 has been replace instead G450.
Like was mention above post auto scan so we can help you more on this.