Latest LCode version

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Hmmm... am I missing something obvious but LCode_2 (2.0.12) doesn't seem to work for me.
1. Select byte 1, click LCode_2
2. No coding - ok!
3. LCode_2 opens byte 0 - ok (certainly the preferred would have been to have byte 1 still selected).
4. Select byte 1 - individual tick boxes disappear and can't get them to show for byte 1 :banghead:

The Classic LCode 1.0.9.12 works just fine (the tick boxes).

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Thank you for quick update. Now the tick boxes work. Perhaps worth to mention that I had to delete LCode.ini to make the new version to launch.

However, then came up against another quirk not seen before.

So, I did the steps around the BCMas as before - looked good.
Exited without saving, closed the controller, etc. and moved to another controller (Battery regul.) and launched again LCode2.
(1) Interestingly the LCode2 came up with the coding from the previous controller (BCM).

(2) Probably worth to mention that after getting the leftover coding and exiting LCode2, the LCode2 won't launch again at all - not in the same module neither elsewhere, not even by restarting VCDS.
Deleting LCode.ini seems to clear this non-launch issue.
Thanks.

PS. Just in case being relevant, the laptop in question (fresh Win10) -->

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Try to change Copy-Clip in lcode.ini to "0" if it is "1"
Copy-Clip=0

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Thanks again! Indeed the "Copy-Clip" was "1". The change to "0" did the trick :thumbs:

Clicking LCode2 back and forth discovered following feature:
(1) Launch LCode2 - it comes up nicely below the long coding helper​
(2) Exit LCode2​
(3) Launch LCode2 again - it comes up in location below where LCode2 window at (1) was.​
(4) Exit LCode2​
(5) Launch LCode2 again - it comes up in location below where LCode2 window at (3) was, thus almost falling off my screen.​
(6) Exit LCode2​
(5) Launch LCode2 again - it comes up in location below where LCode2 window at (5) was, thus now way below visible area of my screen.​
Anyways, this is not a big deal - who would launch LCode2 several times in a session within a module :D - and of course I can always use "Move Window" to drag it back up.

Mork

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30926
Here is the latest LCode version.
{2.0.14.0}
{Bug fixed from reading tod files}
{Bug long coding did not use lowercase character}
{Small improvements}

Hello, i got the following error when trying to open Lcode.

Pressing Ok doesn't allow to continue, only abort and then i'm back at the same place.

MpOY0mP.jpg

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
That looks like a 2018 Mk7/MQB based 03-ABS module with 47 Byte coding. Does this happen on any other modules with shorter coding (01-Engine, 08-Auto HVAC, etc)?

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
By coincidence I have a similar car available right now, but I have been able to generate that error.
Do you just press [Long Coding Helper], then the error comes up?
Do you have a slower or a fast computer?
You start VCDS and go to ABS?
Why is there an Autoscan running in the rear of the picture?

lc03error.png

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I would guess he ran an Auto-Scan (or GVL on the Auto-Scan screen) and then double-clicked on the entry for ABS in the GVL listing.

-Uwe-

Mork

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30926
By coincidence I have a similar car available right now, but I have been able to generate that error.
Do you just press [Long Coding Helper], then the error comes up?
Do you have a slower or a fast computer?
You start VCDS and go to ABS?

lc03error.png

Hello, Uwe is correct, I open VCDS, click auto-scan, then gateway list and double click on the module.
I have a fast computer and had actually changed the ABS coding on the exact same car (2018 GTI) with no issues a couple weeks back.
Since then there was a VCDS update as well as a firmware on the dongle.
Since the updates I get that error using the same laptop, dongle and car.
I didn't try all the modules but had no issues with at least 3-4 other modules on that car.

Luckily I had saved the full long coding that I wanted to change in ABS previously so I was able to just paste it in "new coding" and it worked.
Its really clicking on long coding helper that wouldn't work.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

J.Wittl

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Niels, I mentioned you in the germen VCDS Forum.

Yes I saw, I have tested yesterday and today.

It was fixed 2.0.9, now 2.0.10.0.

There is no information to choose in Experimental coding for these Bytes!

Hi Niels,
i recently received feedback from one of our customers in the german forum that there still seems to be issues in relation to the dropdown-fields.

He has uploaded a short video about it: https://download.pci-diagnosetechnik.de/ross-tech/20211117_100218.mp4

I just noticed, that the latest LCode Version is 2.0.14.0. Version 2.0.13.0 is used in the video (and in the latest german vcds installer as well).
I don't know if that has already been fixed in the newest version, but would you be so kind and take a look at that @NEtech :)

Thanks!

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
@J.Wittl

I simulated this on my PC with the unencrypted EN and DE 5Q0-980-653.lbl files using 2.0.14 and it was OK.

Next, I opened a DRV helper (2.0.13) and it failed in the same say as the customer reported.

I think this is fixed on @NEtech's side already.

That brings up a good point about the lack-of documentation in regards to the EN and DE label files. I think 08/2 means Windshield Type Laminated/Infrared Glass (IRR) but I'm not a member of that forum to view the scan/VIN and PR-Codes. For that reason I'm gonna tag @Sebastian to see if he can check into that so the label file(s) can be updated.

J.Wittl

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Thank you for having a quick look at this @Dana !

I simulated this on my PC with the unencrypted EN and DE 5Q0-980-653.lbl files using 2.0.14 and it was OK.
Oh, that's interesting. So 2.0.14 should be finde -that's good!

That brings up a good point about the lack-of documentation in regards to the EN and DE label files. I think 08/2 means Windshield Type Laminated/Infrared Glass (IRR) but I'm not a member of that forum to view the scan/VIN and PR-Codes. For that reason I'm gonna tag @Sebastian to see if he can check into that so the label file(s) can be updated.
We don't have a scan either, but if one is needed, i'll of course ask our customer and submit it as soon as possible.

J.Wittl

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Hello again

Oh, that's interesting. So 2.0.14 should be finde -that's good!
Unfortunately, i have to revoke my statement -our customer tried again today, using the latest LCode Version 2.0.14.0, but without success.

He uploaded a new video about it: https://download.pci-diagnosetechnik.de/ross-tech/20211118_152248.mp4

In my opinion the point is, even if there exists a lack-of documentation in the specific label file(s), LCode should not change the coding by itself if the customer does not select anything inside the dropdown-field.
I tested the scenario myself using the german -and english label-files (5Q0-980-653.lbl) and the coding (0101020001020308020400010100000100) from the video. Both times it it failed in the same way as in the video :(

Would you be so kind @Dana and @NEtech and please look at that again :)

Thank you!

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I used LCode in EN with both files when I tested. :facepalm: Tweaking it to German was the step I missed. Thanks guys!

@J.Wittl In the interim I think your user can change the helper to English as a work-around.

J.Wittl

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
I used LCode in EN with both files when I tested. :facepalm: Tweaking it to German was the step I missed. Thanks guys!
Yeah, exactly the same thing happened to me :D I used LCode in German only ..
Right after Niels mentioned that this could be a language problem I started to test the english version as well => without any issues

@J.Wittl In the interim I think your user can change the helper to English as a work-around.
Yes, this would be a temporary solution too. But our customer is using the classic version of LCode instead :)

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Here is the latest LCode version.
{2.0.15.0}
{Bug fixed (I hope) pulldown for non English language}
{Changed language/character conversion}

It would be good if different language setting, with corresponding language label files, could be tested.
I have only tested a few Danish and German.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back