Latest LCode version

etz2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=69430
OK, now it works fine if i use "LC,00,0+,..." lines before the "LC,00,0,..." lines, vice versa it don't (still overwrite the description, but no problem if you know it).
But, if i load a new LBL in LCode the "new extra infos" from the LBL before is still be displayed, even if the new LBL don't include them. Only exit and restart LCode help. Seem like loading a new LBL needs something like a memory clear ?

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
I hope it is better now.

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
@NEtech it would be helpful to highlight the Byte in "String" to see in which place the actual byte ist placed. Like in older Lcode V1.
This is one of the things why iam actual using old Version. Its hard to find correct place in newer cars with coding with a lot of byte
You see the current Byte number of the "String" and the Byte value in hex and binary under the "String"
I have not used the old version for many years and will never use it.

How do use long coding, do you know what Byte you want to check/change?
If so, then Arrow Up, End, Home, change the the number to the number you want check/change.
Also you can click somewhere on the "String" where you think the Byte is you are searching, and then use key up/down/end/home etc..
I don't see that is difficult, much easier as trying to click on a box and hope it is right.
I use it many times every day.

The old lcode is to big in my opinion with long codings.
84byte.jpg

etz2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=69430
I also use only 2.0 because it's much better, but if you can highlight the actual selected byte in the string again, would sometimes give a better/easier oriention, especially for the longer byte strings. If i switch between different windows i think sometimes "where was i at last", so a "bookmark" would be nice for my little brain.

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Totally agree with user @etz2k
In longer codings like ABS, MLBevo A5 and some other it's quite terrible to come back to last point. Wrote a lot of label by myself but only using old Lcode one in this case as I have a better orientation.

etz2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=69430
@AINils and @NEtech, i don't know why i haven't realized the green bar under the coding string, that shows the actual position, maybe i'm blind :facepalm: