First, I cannot change color for single bytes in the long coding edit box.
- The progress bar is a bit of, as it does not seem to underline the currently active byte. I wonder if colouring the byte in the code string could be better.
- Entering a byte number in the new rolling field behaves a bit weird. Entering a number to high will still display labeled bits, as the last byte is accessed. The user should be made aware, that the byte entered is off-range (maybe acoustically) and the value should directly be changed to an in-range value, as oposed as doing so after leaving the field
- A Byte without documentation will retain the checkboxes from the previously selected byte, albeit without documentation values (as seen in module A5 3Q0-980-654-G with Byte 15)
- Searching only works once. If a string is found more than once, you can't reach it. Searching it will switch to the first byte it is found. You then can not continue the search, as it will always only found the first one. I also got the error message that ["" is not a valid integer] upon searching, but could not detect a reason for this issue.
- Searching doesn't highlight all bytes, the string was found. This was available in earlier incarnations, as far as I remember.
It's probably not. We are just used to it.First, I cannot change color for single bytes in the long coding edit box.
Can you (or other) tell me why it is really necessary to know, where you are at the long Byte string?
Does that give any extra information?
Yes we have been used to it with the old version, but that takes a lot of space, to show all Bytes separately.
There is the currently shown Byte number, the current Byte value and the current Byte Value in Binary, that is important
LC,00,1~4,I,INFO: hadez16 hint LC,00,5~7,00,Coding thing,1 LC,00,5~7,20,Coding thing,2 LC,00,5~7,40,Coding thing,3 LC,00,5~7,60,Coding thing,4 LC,00,5~7,80,Coding thing,5