Dynamic Chassis Control Retrofit

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
I'll try that that. Thank you.

Looks like this stufenDCC has nothing to do with DCC in fact as I've looked several autoscans from cars with drive profile and DCC, and none of them had this bit enabled.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Have you maybe tried Byte 12 Bit 7 in CAN Gateway coding ?

Stufen, is steps, I would guess.

BINGO! Byte 12 Bit 7 and now DCC is visible in Individual selection. BUT I still don't see the comfort option in pre-defined drive modes. I still only have Eco, Normal, Sport and Individual.

Maybe the Byte 9 bit 7 is the bit that makes these modes there visible?

Edit :

Nope, no change with Byte 9 bit 7. Maybe now the incorrect dataset is the reason why the modes are not visible?

Anyway, the most important thing I forgot. BIG THANK YOU to Netech! Thanks to you, this project is almost at the finish line.

Last edited:

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
baby steps, haha. I believe the OP knows better but it's like the guy disappeared. he doesn't even answer emails or social media, I tried already.

I am afraid getting the extra Driving profile won't be as easy, if possible at all. definitely something related to the gateway that we both don't have registered to the VIN from factory.

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
^ I’m not so sure about that. Let’s see.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Okey, now some driving behind with DCC.

I have at the moment Seat Leon X-Perience parameters in the DCC module. I think it's quite close to SUV profile, or as close as you can get. I'm still waiting for the new used Tiguan module to arrive from Germany.

How is it to drive. Well, much much better than the stock suspension. Like I wrote earlier, the R-Line suspension is stiffer than normal and it was maybe too stiff for SUV and definitely too stiff for my liking.
DCC will make this all disappear. On normal mode it's definitely more comfy than the stock. On comfort, well, like driving an older Citroen :D Sport stiffens the suspension nicely and it is suited for more sportier drive. It really works.

What I like the most is the silence. The stock suspension had the usual VW chassis booms and bangs and clonks which are quite typical but this DCC suspension is quiet. It does not have any of the usual sounds :)

Overall was it worth retrofit, well, yes and no. Yes if you are a equipment geek and want to have every possible thing to your car and you get the parts cheap. No, if you don't care and if you need to pay the factory price. I don't think it's something that is a must for the car. Yes, makes the SUV feel nicer to drive but air suspension is the thing if you want ultimate comfort and quietness.

And no, I still don't have the comfort option in the drive modes. Not missing it that much but as a perfectionist, I need to have it :D

Short summary what it cost :

Full set of DCC struts, fronts and rears complete with all parts, fronts even with suitable springs = 550 €
3 accelaration sensors, 1 rear and 2 to front ~70 €
Wiring = 130 €
Front height sensors 2 x = 100 €

Grand total ~ 850 €. I think quite reasonable as factory option for Tiguan is roughly 1400 €.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
downtime said:
And no, I still don't have the comfort option in the drive modes. Not missing it that much but as a perfectionist, I need to have it :D

+1, I am curious to see what you find out.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Finally I have Tiguan dataset in the car. Thanks to a another member on another forum :D

We also tried to insert DCC Tiguan dataset into gateway to add the comfort option but that didn't work. So, with any "easy" method, adding that won't be possible it seems. One option is the Russian guys guide on how you can modify the gateway dataset yourself to add different drive modes and customize the content of existing ones.
Only issue is that I would need the raw dataset for my gateway to start playing with it.

Now with even more kilometers behind with the DCC, I really really like it. So I will shift my opinion a little bit that is it worth it. I would say yes. Much much more comfy than standard set and the fact that you can adjust the stiffness is a big plus.

Edit : Oh and one more thing. Now not based on feeling or opinion but on fact. Take your car to a proper 4 wheel laser alignment after the installation. I knew that fronts probably will be off as it's quite brute force you need to use to remove the old struts and install new ones. So the use of force will move bits a little bit so that caster angle is affected. BUT, my left rear was also having way too much caster.
Using a pillar lift and hydraulic gearbox support, you will probably be able to keep the parts in place, but installing things in your own garage, well, you need some creativity to snap the bits and pieces in their correct places :)

That rear wheel misalignment meant that the LDW needed a re-calibration. ACC luckily is having a dynamic calibration as it's a latest gen ACC so it does not need static calibration to be done, saves some time and hassle and money.

Last edited:

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
can you elaborate (any link) on the Russian solution? why is finding the raw dataset a major problem?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
^ Yes that one.

Those datasets don’t just circulate around the net. And the dataset needs to be exactly for the car so it has the correct drive profiles etc already in place.
But I have one now. I will take a look at some point at the data.

I also found out that different drive modes are all SWaP functios. There’s a FeC code for each different profile so it is more than probable that they are not addable to the gateway by any means.

Here’s the link to the blog https://www.drive2.com/l/518388122610827700/

Last edited:

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
well then I need to find one of those guys who "magically" add Fec codes, like when they activate the flat new ACC radar. the thing is there are a few and I wouldn't know who to trust.

or... just live without it. I always drive with the INDIVIDUAL profile and if the DCC is adjustable over there, I guess it's enough.

but me being OCD would really like the COMFORT icon :D

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
I’ve asked this from a few places and the response was from all of those that individual profiles cannot be added later. Whole drive profile is no issue but adding more profiles seems to be no go.

Well can’t say for sure if it’s true or just unwillingness to do it.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
I contacted a couple of guys and got one answer that gives hope but I find difficult to believe.

he said all is needed is buy another Driving Profile official kit and run the SVM with the code inside. that will unlock all features.

do you believe it? I am tempted to try. what I wonder is, it if does not work, will the code still be usable so I can resell the thing?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
I don’t know. I got info that all is needed to run a parameterization to gateway with a VIN from a car with DCC.

And I did some digging and it seems that I should not even have Comfort option in the menu. Tarraco does not have that anymore and that gives me the reason to believe that when you have offroad driving profiles there is no comfort. Eco replaces that.
And indeed. I’ve been driving with ECO mode for a few days now and DCC is definitely in comfort setting.

But let us know how the re-enablation with the driving modes go.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
well, nothing is happening until I reunite with the car in the middle of May, I am looking at options since I have plenty of time.

I have a VIN from a Golf 1.4 with factory DCC but we don't have the same gateway so I assume ODIS would refuse to send that dataset to mine.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Yes, no go in that case :(

Interested to hear what you find out.

fernando60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=302168
can you give me the codes of the whole kit? thank you

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
there is no kit, all parts have to be sourced individually. I can try and put together a list when I have time. please post an autoscan of your car.

Back