B6 Passat Discover Media Retrofit

dieseltje

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148044
Nice to know. The mentioned clock/instrument are those all types of clusters or only MQB?

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
The mentioned clock/instrument are those all types of clusters or only MQB?
@dieseltje: Hi -again

Not sure - but my guess (emphasis on "guess") would be that if the instrument module has dimming characteristic curve channels in its admap, there is good chance that it uses a similar MQB style process for modulating the dashboard illumination with changing cabin light levels.

I'm an inveterate tinkerer and whenever I see a bunch of similarly named channels in a module, my interest is piqued (it's the irresistible lure of patterns)!! This invariably results (for me) in a series of "adjustment exercises" -which start by force-fitting the values at both extreme ends into ALL channels and observing the result. Armed with this important initializing information, its then just a matter experimenting to understand the dynamic!!

The above process isn't always successful - but, as I have already suggested, it's low risk (in general) and the salve of knowing that the original values can always be restored, is a comforting facility in the unknowns of experimentation!!

I commend the same process to you

Don

dieseltje

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148044
I cheched my cluster, but no luck. The mentioned channels are not there, so it is a typical mqb item. But nevertheless thanks.