20211120213531-d23d2d0d.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I can so relate to your super power.
There's an easy solution: Never throw anything away.

Of course that leads to a new problem: I know I have that thing I need, but I have no idea where it is, and I can't find it.

Then the moment I buy or order another one, the one I couldn't find magically appears!

-Uwe-

PS: It's kinda like pants. I have a bunch in my closet that are one size too small. What do you bet if I got rid of them, I'd lose 10-15 pounds within the next few months?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
I can relate to that too boss!

(as for the pants, I keep a collection of the outgrown pants in storage. I can dream can't I?)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
New Alzheimer's test for men over 60:

How fast can you guess the following words and fill in the blanks?

1) _ _ N D _ M
2) F _ _ K
3) P _ N _ S
4) PU _ S _
5) S _ X
6) BOO _ S

1) Random
2) Fork
3) Pants
4) Pulse
5) Six
6) Books

You got them all wrong, didn't you?

Don't worry, you don't have Alzheimer's, you're just a perfectly normal dirty old man.

Quintus Rotam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=490177
VCDS user posting: "So I have this brand new Golf that I just drove home from the dealer, but I'm already having some issues with the Door Elec. Any ideas?"

The dealer:

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420

This goes back to the late seventies when (in the USA only) for Audi there were the “unintended acceleration” issues that were proved to be “operator error”.

Last edited by a moderator:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
This goes back to the late seventies when (in the USA only) for Audi there were the “unintended acceleration” issues that were proved to be “operator error”.

It's an iPhone joke, where you press the volume up and power buttons at the same time to take a screenshot.

While we're on the topic, my Audi TT's ECU apparently has a safety feature built-in based on the 1980's Audi unintended acceleration problem. If it detects that the throttle and brake pedal are both pressed at the same time, it shuts the engine down assuming either unintended acceleration or a fly-by-wire throttle error. Most people would never experience it in normal driving, but it was something that I had to drive around in my competition days when left-foot braking while simultaneously trying to keep the K03 hamster-charger spooled up to minimize turbo lag.....

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
While we're on the topic, my Audi TT's ECU apparently has a safety feature built-in based on the 1980's Audi unintended acceleration problem. If it detects that the throttle and brake pedal are both pressed at the same time, it shuts the engine down assuming either unintended acceleration or a fly-by-wire throttle error.
AFAIK every VAG car I've owned since 1999 has had this 'annoying' feature.

I had got used to keeping brake and throttle pressed on a Renault 5GT Turbo I owned in the early 1990's as it kept the turbo spooled up and made exiting corners faster and more exciting to the young 'boy racer' in me. It was a great disappointment that this didn't work in my Audi S3, even a 'chip tune' couldn't restore it.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
AFAIK every VAG car I've owned since 1999 has had this 'annoying' feature.
Yup. VAG did not want a repeat of the "unintended acceleration" thing that had a devastating effect on Audi sales way back when, so this "feature" has been standard in all their cars that use a drive-by-wire accelerator pedal; petrol engines only since about 1999/2000, but TDIs since the early 1990s.

Toyota had some "runaway" acceleration issues here in the US a few years ago -- seemingly due to the accellerator getting jammed under floormats -- and it turns out they do not have this feature. Worse yet, their transmissions wouldn't shift out of Drive under load, nor would the engine start/stop button turn the engine off while at speed unless it was pressed for an extended period of time, which apparently non of the drivers who crashed knew or understood.

-Uwe-

Back