Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
Surely the best thing for the US is to allow the counts to come to their natural conclusion and IF the result is a Biden/Harris win to allow the transfer of power to happen cleanly?

Uncertainty and conflict cannot be good at this time.
You appear to be assuming politicians act in the best interests of the nation, and not their own self-serving agenda? :rolleyes:

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
If O'Biden gets in can we go back to buying Chinese cloned wall of shame diagnostic tools?:thanks:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
You appear to be assuming politicians act in the best interests of the nation, and not their own self-serving agenda? :rolleyes:
I think we all would like politicians to act in the best interests of their nation, but we have all come to expect them to act only in their own personal interests of power.

It's nice to dream occasionally though...

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I don't think it's very well understood how incredibly difficult it would be to get away with meaningful amounts of election fraud.
With the current shit-show pretending to be an election, I don't buy that at all.

But... I'm starting to wonder if we wouldn't be better off in the long run if Biden/Harris "win" this round.
  • Dems and their lapdog media won't be able to spend the next four years claiming that the White House was stolen.
  • With the Senate remaining in Republican control, the Dem agenda (including things like like packing the SCOTUS with more judges) is DOA.
  • Historically, the first mid-term in a new administration turns out well for the opposition, so I think there's a good chance that Dems will lose the House in 2022, and will lose even more ground in State and Local elections.
  • A Dem administration will make an economic downturn inevitable with all manner of new regulations. The contrast should be obvious to most people.
-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Georgia just went BLUE and boom goes the dynamite!

xJ07UFE.jpg

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

passim

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4135
With the current shit-show pretending to be an election, I don't buy that at all.

-Uwe-

What’s been a shit show?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I think we all would like politicians to act in the best interests of their nation, but we have all come to expect them to act only in their own personal interests of power.

It's nice to dream occasionally though...
Dave: I have no issue with checking results of closely numbered voting returns, but I reckon that Trump's incendiary attempts to claim "fraud" demean the office of POTUS and define his self-serving motives as being more important than the good of the country. Heck, even News Corp media outlets are questioning the claim!

Yes, the legal/media process will take its normal course and there will doubtless be further ramblings by the Donald and by his family - but the results will take their inevitable path to conclusion despite the hyperbole (I even read a post from Uwe extolling the virtues of a Democtrat POTUS - extraordinary!!)!

IMO, Trump has never been one to play the long game (he seems to be too interested in immediate gratification) - it will be interesting how history treats his antics during this period against his performance over the past 4 years. And let's not forget that Trump is still POTUS until Bruce's birthday next year. So, there's plenty of time and he will still have the not-insubstantial power of the Office for that other base emotion; "pay-back"! Let's all hope that Trump's access to the big-red-button is not problematic, or we can kiss our collective back-sides goodby - as well as everything else!:facepalm:

Personally, I reckon that the remaining dynamic to the inevitable decision in the 2020 election is less interesting than the early positioning of Republican candidates for the 2024 election! Big questions in my mind - how much influence will the Trump have in this choice? Clearly Pence sees himself as the heir apparent - but his less-than-enthusiastic support for the "fraud" claim might have cooled his relationship with perhaps a future "puppet-master". And what about the kids-of-Trump? America seems to have history for accepting heredity as a qualification for public Office (interesting dynamic given the objectives in their war for independence).

Will the real and abiding legacy of Trump's reign as POTUS be the establishment of a political dynasty ? Will we see the names "Ivanka", or "Jared" appear on Republican tickets soon, or is there to be a fast track political path for Eric in the offing as a prelude to the next tilt for POTUS by the Trump dynasty?

Don

PS: It's more than instructive to remember that a little less than 50% of voting Americans (i.e. nearly 70 Million people) considered Trump to be worthy of another 4 years in Office!!

Last edited:

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
And what about the kids-of-Trump? America seems to have history for accepting heredity as a qualification for public Office (interesting dynamic given the objectives in their war for independence).

Will the real and abiding legacy of Trump's reign as POTUS be the establishment of a political dynasty ? Will we see the names "Ivanka", or "Jared" appear on Republican tickets soon, or is there to be a fast track political path for Eric in the offing as a prelude to the next tilt for POTUS by the Trump dynasty?

Ivanka Trump as the first female POTUS?
God help us... 🙄

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Dave: I have no issue with checking results of closely numbered voting returns, but I reckon that Trump's incendiary attempts to claim "fraud" demean the office of POTUS and define his self-serving motives as being more important than the good of the country. Heck, even News Corp media outlets are questioning the claim!

PS: It's more than instructive to remember that a little less than 50% of voting Americans (i.e. nearly 70 Million people) considered Trump to be worthy of another 4 years in Office!!
I agree, on another website a member has posted a tweet from Vladimir Putin in 2016 in which he congratulated Trump on his victory and added that it was important for Hilary to be gracious in defeat - it would be good to see Trump being gracious in 2020.

IIRC in the vast majority of democratic elections the "winner/winning party" do not actually win the popular vote, that certainly has been the case in the UK for many years.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I agree, on another website a member has posted a tweet from Vladimir Putin in 2016 in which he congratulated Trump on his victory and added that it was important for Hilary to be gracious in defeat - it would be good to see Trump being gracious in 2020.
Excuse me? Hillary and the entire Democratic Party have been anything but gracious in accepting their 2016 defeat for four years now.

US Presidents are not elected by voters per se. The are elected by the Electoral College. Each state gets to decide how Electors are appointed. Defeat or victory cannot be certain until the Electoral College meets in each State capitol on December 14th and one candidate gets 270 votes.

Oh, and I'll point out just how gracious Al Gore was in 2000. He fought in the courts until early December.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
This is why I don't vote! /\

The entire thing seems like a complete waste of time to me.

The Electorate has no obligation in many States & to make the "Elites", vote what the people cast!

Colorado just passed a resolution that does!

I can't understand why people & if really that unhappy, haven't protested to fix this or term limits?

Other than entertainment to watch the sides argue what else is there here?

Every State and Federal law or repeal, it should be voted by the people and done so electronically, engage or don't.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Excuse me? Hillary and the entire Democratic Party have been anything but gracious in accepting their 2016 defeat for four years now.

US Presidents are not elected by voters per se. The are elected by the Electoral College. Each state gets to decide how Electors are appointed. Defeat or victory cannot be certain until the Electoral College meets in each State capitol on December 14th and one candidate gets 270 votes.
I guess hoping that ANY politician could be gracious in defeat is pointless really :mad:

Is there any precedent for the Electors of the Electoral College NOT to follow the mandate given to them by their state? IMHO that would be one in the eye for democracy...

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
CNN just projected Biden as President...... :p

I told ya, I told ya ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back