- Feb 25, 2014
- Reaction score
- Cincinnati, OH
- VCDS Serial number
"... maybe the most important speech I’ve ever made." So, I made myself watch it. It wasn't pleasant. Let's set aside the nebulous fantasizing and just focus on a few of the testable and verifiable claims, in the order in which they appear.
"67 counties in Michigan" with more registered voters than voting age residents: This is from the Russell Ramsland affadavit that already got torn apart in mid-November, because he confused precincts in Michigan with those in Minnesota. Even Trump supporters found that one too hard to choke down. The only thing that tops an embarrassing own-goal like this is to put the exact same thing out there AGAIN, two weeks later, standing at a podium with the seal of the President of the United States.
"in Wisconsin, the State's Board of Elections could not confirm the residency of more than 100,000 people, but repeatedly refused to remove those names from its voter rolls": This is the one where Wisconsin was indeed going to do list maintenance, but due to bad experiences with data from their last round, they were going to do the purge in 2021. To give you a sense of just how garbage that data was, when the Republican suit asked for every member of the Board of Elections to be personally held in contempt and fined for not emergency-purging 209,000 voters from the rolls, by the time it made its way through the court system, the list was already down to 129,000 voters with no other action. And when someone actually looked at that pared-down still-garbage list (see page 6 for a good summary) it turned out at least 26% of the people on that list hadn't even moved, and at least another 38% of them had moved but stayed within the county, and according to both Wisconsin and Federal law, should not and could not be purged.
"Wisconsin, we're leading by a lot, and then at 3:42 in the morning, there was this. It was a massive dump of votes, mostly Biden, almost all Biden, and to this day everyone's trying to figure out, where did it come from?": Absolutely nobody is trying to figure out where those votes came from. Everyone was getting live updates that night, broken down by county or even precinct as counting proceeded, and you can see exactly what was recorded where and when. They came from absentee votes in Milwaukee. I know that's not enough, so here's pictures of the election official copying the tabulation results onto encrypted USB drives, being driven in a Milwaukee Police car down to the county courthouse, and hand-delivering them to be included in the official results, all timestamped after 3AM that morning. As for why they're mostly Biden, consider the possibility that absentee voters residing in the City of Milwaukee don't much care for Trump.
"... and that includes votes that went through when they weren't allowed to be seen by Republican poll watchers": Lots of handwaving here to avoid stating a claim that can be tested and falsified, but something like this actually made it to court in a couple places, so I'll let CBS News and Reuters dispense with it. Suffice it to say, there were hundreds of Republican poll watchers, not all of which were a credit to their party in terms of understanding the process and understanding the rules they were expected to observe.
Dominion blah blah blah "6,000 votes had been wrongly switched from Trump to Biden": Human error. Noticed immediately, fixed immediately. It's a great example of when a result actually DOES look wrong, how we can go back and (dare I say?) audit the work and figure out what if anything went wrong.
"... where are the votes counted, which we think are counted in foreign countries, not in the United States ...": I don't even know how to respond to this.
I made it 11 minutes and 38 seconds into a 46 minute video and I couldn't take it anymore. The above represents maybe 20% of the statements I had a problem with, the other 80% being nonspecific handwavy white-fear dog-whistle noise.
The President of the United States made this video.