Status
Not open for further replies.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Lots of fancy footwork there to connect a violent act with a scoop-and-dump release-on-recognizance operation that picked up a state senate staffer in a group of 58. But I'll take this opportunity to again condemn all violence, and wait for zero Trump voters to join me. I wish we could find common cause in that, the most basic of basics.

7jEnxFK.jpg

-Uwe-
Nice bait. Where'd you get it? Google Image Search is usually good at finding other variants (or the original) of meme'd pics, but it completely struck out on this one. Absolutely no matches. That's fascinating.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Advocates of having votes accurately counted, asking for voters whose ballots are rejected to be notified, and to give them a chance to fix the problem, rather than having them silently round-filed.
Excellent idea! That way we can spend weeks trying to determine who actually won the election in a critical swing state like PA.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Excellent idea! That way we can spend weeks trying to determine who actually won the election in a critical swing state like PA.
Or... not? https://apnews.com/fc464c287c18823ff57fedc13facf7e5
To help count mail-in ballots quickly after polls close, Wolf wants to give counties up to three weeks before Election Day to start processing them, instead of the three days favored by Republicans.
Got a problem with your elections being a shitshow, call your presumably (R) rep and tell them to stop standing in the way of early registration and signature validation, and of secure drop boxes that increase access, reduce errors, and make everything easier and faster with shorter lines on Election Day. If on the other hand your preferred candidate benefits from chaos, thrives on chaos, is banking on Election Night chaos to keep dwindling hope alive... keep up the good fight I guess?

Like... seriously. What is wrong with either of those two things? I'll even grant you that auto-mailing ballots without apps is worth asking serious questions about. But what about drop boxes and early validation? If I'm frank, I know why Republicans are against it. If I'm really brutally frank, whether you agree or not, I bet you know too. I'm curious if you're willing to say the quiet part out loud.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Can't wait for all of the Jamie Moyer fastballs CNN throw at Joe Biden tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: Uwe

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Oh, it seems they pretaped it two days ago. So I wonder how edited it will be.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Because there doesn't appear to be a more appropriate place than here for a respected US Supreme Court Justice - RIP RBG!!! Notwithstanding how some here might feel about Democrats (and their liberal nominations - perhaps), she was a most remarkable woman IMHO!!

Don

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Hunter Biden, Burism, and Corruption: The Impact on U.S. Government Policy and Related Concerns

U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs

Key Findings (some of the most notable)

>In addition to the over $4 million paid by Burisma for Hunter Biden’s and Archer’s board memberships, Hunter Biden, his family, and Archer received millions of dollars from foreign nationals with questionable backgrounds.

>Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the wife of the former mayor of Moscow.

>Hunter Biden paid nonresident women who were nationals of Russia or other Eastern European countries and who appear to be linked to an “Eastern European prostitution or human trafficking ring.”

• Informative

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Hunter Biden, Burism, and Corruption: The Impact on U.S. Government Policy and Related Concerns

Key Findings (some of the most notable)
I've not read that report, but I'm glad that you've taken an interest in corruption. I'm sad to say, I have a feeling your interest is very, very selective. Something you can turn on-and-off as it suits your preferred candidate of the moment. I'd like to be wrong.

Say "corruption is bad". Can you do that? Just say it. Say "corruption is bad". No qualifiers. No reversing clauses. No exceptions. Just say it. I know it's hard for 40% of Americans, but try. I'll go first:

Corruption is bad.

Now you. You can pwn a libtard today with just eighteen characters, including spaces and a period. Bang a CRLF in there before and after for emphasis if you like. Happy to discuss relative weighting and other nuances later, once we can lock in a simple and universal principle on which to base further discussion.

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
I've not read that report, but I'm glad that you've taken an interest in corruption. I'm sad to say, I have a feeling your interest is very, very selective. Something you can turn on-and-off as it suits your preferred candidate of the moment. I'd like to be wrong.

Say "corruption is bad". Can you do that? Just say it. Say "corruption is bad". No qualifiers. No reversing clauses. No exceptions. Just say it. I know it's hard for 40% of Americans, but try. I'll go first:

Corruption is bad.

Now you. You can pwn a libtard today with just eighteen characters, including spaces and a period. Bang a CRLF in there before and after for emphasis if you like. Happy to discuss relative weighting and other nuances later, once we can lock in a simple and universal principle on which to base further discussion.

I'm choosing to highlight what won't be mentioned much outside of the MSM. I'm assuming that everyone here is able to find the numerous sources that cover issues accusing Trump of corruption on their own as they're blasted all over the entirety of the internet, and TV Broadcasts.

Corruption is bad, yes. Both candidates are corrupt. One represents more individual corruption and the other is nepotistic and systematic corruption. Both are bad.

Now I'd like to ask, is it so hard to have a civil conversation, or are you going to insist on lambasting those who you might disagree with? Don't get me wrong, it's very good for pounding one's chest, but not really effective at trying to nudge others in the direction you'd like. You sure didn't hesitate to try berating me before reading what is contained within. If you would like to highlight some corruption and have a healthy conversation about it, then sure. I'd wager you'd probably even done so on this forum here previously. I know most people here (with a few notable exceptions) would more than happily engage in healthy debate as to whether or not there's merit to the claims.

P.S. I've never used the phrase "libtard" or any such synonyms in my entire life. I have my biases, but such petty namecalling only proports and perpetuates moronic political tribalism. "I attack ideas. I don't attack people." ~ Antonin Scalia ... I try to live by this M.O., perhaps not always effectively, but hopefully more and more as I grow older.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I'm choosing to highlight what won't be mentioned much outside of the MSM. I'm assuming that everyone here is able to find the numerous sources that cover issues accusing Trump of corruption on their own as they're blasted all over the entirety of the internet, and TV Broadcasts.
There are a couple possible reasons you don't hear a lot about Biden being corrupt. One could be a massive worldwide conspiracy to keep a lid on it. The other could be, maybe it's not really quite so much a thing as it's advertised to be.

Corruption is bad, yes.
That's a step. Thank you.

Both candidates are corrupt. One represents more individual corruption and the other is nepotistic and systematic corruption. Both are bad.
I'd love to rebut that, because it feels like we're headed right into reversing that whole "corruption is bad" statement, but I genuinely sat here for a good five minutes staring at that statement and trying to puzzle out, in the mind of Mike R, which candidate you think is which. I give up. Which is which?

Now I'd like to ask, is it so hard to have a civil conversation
Yes.

It's not in my nature to be abrasive. I'm a peacemaker. I'm a fixer. I like things that work, and I don't like things that don't work. I try to see things from other perspectives. To make allowances when things are broken but people are actually trying, making an effort, doing the right things. It works well for me, with other parties that argue and deal in good faith. I don't really find such qualities in Republicans these days.

In 2016, I could sort of understand wanting an outsider, someone who wouldn't be business as usual. I didn't agree, mainly because Trump obviously wasn't the right guy for the job, but I got the sentiment. I remember back when Trump was totally going to turn Presidential, any day now. When he was going to learn from experience. When he was going to hire "the best people" and listen to them. When this much famed deal-making expertise was going to start paying off. When "Make America Great Again" was still a Rorschach blot.

In 2020, the man is perfectly open about being President of 40% of America. We have to keep indexed databases of ridiculously transparent lies the man has told. He's the very definition of snowflake, a man who can dish it out all day long but can't take it for a single moment. He's using the Presidency to hold countless civil and criminal proceedings at bay. It's astonishing how many in his campaign and administration have been arrested and prosecuted, and that's with Barr and the DOJ running interference. The enemies of our country laugh at us and do whatever the hell they want. China is ascendant and isn't waiting around for us to get our shit together. Our allies pity us and move on without us. Our debt is massively up; our credit and credibility is shot. We have 200,000 people dead of preventable illness. We started and lost some trade wars. We started some race wars and we're losing those too. It'll be the work of generations to make good all of these shenanigans, and that's if we can get started right away.

So when people openly talk about making common cause with this guy, when in the year 2020 there's no longer any doubt about who he is and what he stands for, a guy that never grew out of being a grade-school bully, abusing both systems and people over and over and over again to get his way, only to cry and whine to Teacher when someone finally pushes back, yes, it's the very definition of bad faith, and quite a severe test for civil discourse. But I try anyway.

You sure didn't hesitate to try berating me before reading what is contained within. If you would like to highlight some corruption and have a healthy conversation about it, then sure. I'd wager you'd probably even done so on this forum here previously. I know most people here (with a few notable exceptions) would more than happily engage in healthy debate as to whether or not there's merit to the claims.
Perhaps I've misjudged your state of mind. If so, I certainly apologize.

I'll go claim-by-claim on that report later. I looked at just the table of contents and some reporting about it, and it's more of the six-degrees-of-Joe-Biden crap they were trying before, but exposing one's ideas and conceptions to public test is the core of civil discourse and I'm always more than happy to go down that road. Because I believe if someone can take one of my ideas and tear it apart in moments with a few citations, then I think they're doing me a favor, and that's something I want to happen before I vote for it.

P.S. I've never used the phrase "libtard" or any such synonyms in my entire life. I have my biases, but such petty namecalling only proports and perpetuates moronic political tribalism. "I attack ideas. I don't attack people." ~ Antonin Scalia ... I try to live by this M.O., perhaps not always effectively, but hopefully more and more as I grow older.
Your Dad can verify I use that word, from time to time, in jest or in self-deprecating humor. Call it a coping strategy since I'm deeply outnumbered here. If nothing else, like certain other slurs in our country's history, as a member of the maligned group I get to take that word back and make it my own. ;)

Last edited:

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
On an unrelated note. I do find myself agreeing with the contents of what is said in this video here:

The Supreme court and social issues are primarily scapegoats so that the political clergy can keep selling out the citizens of this country, and hold our thoughts and well being hostage.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I really thought it couldn't get worse, but now Trump won't commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election. And now Pennsylvania, on September 23rd, is openly talking about setting aside the November 4th election results if they find it convenient. Two hundred and thirty two years of peaceful transfer of power, coming to an end. And the saddest part is, it won't move the needle a single inch.

In honor of our 232 years of Constitutional democracy(*): $232 to any apolitical charity chosen by the first regular thread participant who will stand up and say they were planning to vote Trump, but this was the last straw, that Constitutional democracy is more important than my team staying in power. I'm heartbroken over how safe I feel about keeping that money.

However... another separate $232 to the Clinton Foundation in the name of the first person to tell me I need to come back on my knees, to be nicer when I beg for for my legal, valid, timely ballot to be counted at the sufferance of those currently in power. Conspiring to fuck with my right to vote is not a civil act and it will not receive a civil response. I really don't have a lot of bright red lines in what I'm willing to discuss, but here's one.

My money's where my mouth is. Come and take it. I will post receipts. Limit 1 to a customer.

(*) The number of years we've done mostly indirect popular vote for President is a bit less, but has a more complex answer, so years since Constitution it is

Last edited:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
$232 to any apolitical charity chosen by the first regular thread participant who will stand up and say they were planning to vote Trump, but this was the last straw, that Constitutional democracy is important.

I was planning to vote Trump, but this was the last straw, that Constitutional democracy is important. This is why I am DEFINITELY voting for him. :thumbs:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
And now Pennsylvania, on September 23rd, is openly talking about setting aside the November 4th election results if they find it convenient.
Huh? Please provide a link or citation explaining what you're referring to.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back