Another flooded Phaeton Kessy module

El Polaco

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148074
Hello, everyone. I am dealing with a 2004 Phaeton 4.2 that has a flooded Kessy and no communication w/ VCDS. Sorry, no scan available. I am currently drying the car out and will triple check drains, body plugs, etc. to avoid re-occurrence. I see no visible corrosion on the connectors or pins. Any recommendations on having this thing cloned so I can avoid going to the dealer? It's the Siemens/VDO variety, part number 3D0 909 135 RX. Looks like it was replaced early on as it has the yellow VW exchange sticker on it with a 08.11.04 date. Recommendations or advice appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I don't know what Uwe's feelings are on commercial postings or endorsements, but I can tell you Jack@EPE (resident NostraJackAss of the forum) can do these, and has done so for me. Be advised he does not have bedside manners. Approach with caution, check the phase of the Moon first, bring money and proof of ownership, he'll get it done. I don't recommend messing with it yourself or trying to supply your own parts for this one, just take his package deal.

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ hmm......I've absolutely no doubt that "he'll get it done" and I'm sure that it will be done properly and probably much better than the service manual describes!!! But I can't believe the preamble - Jack seems such a pussy-cat (all cuddly and meek)!!! Shirley it can't be true?

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I don't know what Uwe's feelings are on commercial postings or endorsements, but I can tell you Jack@EPE (resident NostraJackAss of the forum) can do these, and has done so for me.
Endorsements from customers are always OK, and Jack is among the very few whose username is orange, meaning he's allowed to advertise his services here.
https://forums.ross-tech.com/member.php?18

Be advised he does not have bedside manners. Approach with caution, check the phase of the Moon first, bring money and proof of ownership, he'll get it done. I don't recommend messing with it yourself or trying to supply your own parts for this one, just take his package deal.
I concur on all points. :)

-Uwe-

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
^^^ hmm......I've absolutely no doubt that "he'll get it done" and I'm sure that it will be done properly and probably much better than the service manual describes!!! But I can't believe the preamble - Jack seems such a pussy-cat (all cuddly and meek)!!! Shirley it can't be true?
I love Jack, and try to send people his way when Phaeton KESSY drownings come up, but... Jack also knows exactly why I put disclaimers in my recent referrals. ;)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You guys are the best, that guy Jack can be such an asshole.

OP

Pictures please for forum and indeed I villllll require your papers please & for authentication of your cars true custodian must not be out of order!

Just kidding, data transfer if untampered components submitted for identity triangulation is also a means of identity authenticity.

It's when I need to make stuff such as keys, adding keys or controllers added not in custody or clearly tampered; I must have this information verified, no exceptions!

I do do what I say I can do but if I suspect a lie based on flags of fraud I may move & at my discretion to full documentation mode or if I catch you in a lie to me, you will be in for a bad time.

This doesn't mean I think you are lying if I ask for additional information either, because often I run into cars with alternate multiple vin numbers contained in controllers & from prior owners or dealers swapping shit around to test or epic failures, so in advance dont take it that way if I request it.

Everything with me is written record and no phone for intake of data, this way there is a forensic & cuts through the scumbags pretty fast.

Read my signature for means of written contact criteria.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Gary, I'm in Scotland and I've just pulled out a pretty blue kessy board from my phaeton. I've sprayed it with contact cleaner and am waiting for it to dry before it try it again. If this fails I'm not sure what to do next. Help please help.

Back