- Jan 30, 2014
- Reaction score
- Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
- VCDS Serial number
- For some, there is the free version - pay Ross-Tech nothing. (VCDS-Lite Shareware version) (limited in what it can do and limited model year coverage). VCDS-Lite only works with older cars, through roughly model year 2005 that do diagnostic communications via K-Line rather than CAN Bus. In order to use VCDS-Lite, you will need to procure a 3rd-party interface cable. These can be found for $20 or so on eBay or Amazon. We recommend you get one based on an FTDI chip. To remove the functional limitations on the free version of VCDS-Lite, you can register VCDS-Lite for $99 USD.
- If you want current generation product with all the latest features, you can purchase one of our new HEX-V2 interfaces.. They are compatible with all diagnostic-capable VW-Audi Group passenger cars, and are available in 3-VIN and 10-VIN versions for $199 and $299 respectively.
- Want current generation, latest features, full coverage for '95 through the current model year with a wireless connection on virtually any compute device but you only have your car and few others to work on? You can buy a 10 VIN limited wireless product for $449 USD (HEX-NET_10VIN)
- Want the current generation, latest features, full coverage, wireless connection on virtually any compute device and unlimited number of VINs? You can buy that for $599 USD (HEX-NET)
Last edited by a moderator: