Audi A3 8V facelift - AUTO HOLD retrofit

Ronaldo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357813
You may have to test the actual connections from the switch to the ABS module. I found the connector on the ABS module a little trickier than other connectors is the A3 8V as it has slots longer than usual for the contact terminals to be inserted. I remember having to use a metal pin to help me to insert the terminals so I could place them deep enough in the slots, so I guess you may have a faulty connection if they weren't correctly placed.
I suggest you disconnect the ABS connector (don't forget to disconnect the battery first) and try to check if the wire from the switch is placed in the right slot slot and the terminal is correctly inserted. You might also try to test the electrical connection to the switch but in this case you would have to release the center console trim cover in order to gain access to the switch connector.

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
Final update:
it was HW issue, after sorting that out, the first coding set worked like a charm and the car has fully functional AUTO HOLD system. No error codes.

Ronaldo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357813
Final update:
it was HW issue, after sorting that out, the first coding set worked like a charm and the car has fully functional AUTO HOLD system. No error codes.

Good to hear that. Would you please detail a little more about the HW issue? It may be helpful for other retrofitters.

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
Sadly I do not have the details, because installation was not done by me.
It was something related to the fuse...

GolfswagenVolk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=401717
Can i state that you now have a functional auto hold system on an a3 fecelift WITHOUT the button?

I'm trying to figure out how i can enable auto hold on my 2019 a3 without the button. I tried the first coding you tried aswell, but also had the error code for the siwtch light, and after turning on the ignition i had multiple praking brake warning lights and autohold did not work, unless i turned off an on ignition again

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
No, button was installed.

Back