Audi Q7 4M Front Bumper Removal - ACC Calibration

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Hi Guys

or I'm talking about any MLBEvo platform here.

In the workshop guides it states that removing the front bumper means that ACC would need to be re-calibrated, even if nothing changed. I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate and its just an Audi "better to be safe than sorry" process, so looking for thoughts.

Take for example if I disconnected the car battery first so no power in the car at all, removed the front bumper and never ever ever touched/nudged/banged/knocked the ACC sensors so they moved out of any form of alignment - even go as far as not even disconnecting them from the looms.

In theory when the bumper is then back on and battery reconnected, if nothing has changed, surely ACC should not need re-calibrating...

Thoughts?

Ta

Andy

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Your theory sounds plausible to me. :)

But then again, I've not checked in any detail how the ACC sensors are mounted on that car.

My only relevant experience is with a 2015 Touareg (which is not an MLB evo car). I tapped something with the front of that one, nudging one of he ACC sensors slightly. Strangely enough the ACC still worked for a while, but eventually quit after deciding it was misaligned, and of course this happened just as we got started on a 1000 mile road trip. Needless to say, I was not happy about that. The moral of the story: Don't assume it's all good just because it works immediately after you reassemble everything.

-Uwe-

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Cheers @Uwe

Well , I can confirm ACC worked fine once the bumper was off and back on again. Disconnected the battery first before removing bumper and only reconnected battery once bumper and looms were all plugged in again

ACC works fine. No DTC's.

Reactions: Uwe