Does Ross-tech make a Toyota VCI cable? Dont flame me ;)

jrm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=191865
My VW rigs are happy motoring along with awesome tweaks via my ross tech cable... So I picked up a Toyota Hybrid Highlander at a Bargen as the previous owner couldn't fix the brakes..... what a mess, looks like I need a Toyota cable to energize each wheel to bleed the brakes on this thing, as the pedal only gives a fake sensation to the driver with no hydraulic pressure traveling to the wheels- does ross-tech make one and if not what do Toyota owners use? I read a lot about Mini VCI but know nothing about the many manufactures. Thanks, Joe

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
All that said, VCDS does have generic OBDII mode that one can use for emission related systems. We do not test on Toyotas or any other brand vehicle. We assume that meeting the OBDII spec for VAG also meets the spec for these others. Any car after 2008 should be using CAN for OBDII and VCDS should speak to that car. However, do not ask us to support other brands for we will not know how to do so as we are not the least bit proficient with those. As Uwe wrote, we focus on VAG.

jrm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=191865
thanks for the info, I picked up one of the cheap Chinese cables on amazon, fingers crossed. :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
thanks for the info, I picked up one of the cheap Chinese cables on amazon, fingers crossed. :)

OCbs0sx.gif

-Uwe-

jrm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=191865

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
But that mongoose is indeed what I had pictured (a ross tech for Toyota) Thanks again everyone
It isn't really a "Ross-Tech" for Toyota because it does not come with its own diagnostic software. It's a fully supported J2534 cable allowing you to use the Toytota factory diagnostic software, but you must still purchase a subscription to that software from Toyota.

VW's factory ODIS software can also be used some of the Drew Tech interfaces, but VW makes you jump through more hoops to get a subscription than Toyota does, and VCDS is rather more cost-effective, in part because you only have to pay for it once rather than via ongoing subscription fees. Then there's the fact that VCDS is faster and more straightforward than ODIS...

-Uwe-

Back