Audi Component Protection Removal (by VCDS....EVER??)

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Hi Uwe, do you ever envision a time when you will offer CP removal / adapting used modules ; there are so many available (used) yet , if needed, nothing we can do with them. As you are aware, Even the Brand New parts from a Audi Dealer are not plug-n-play. How about developing that software for say Audis
5-10 years and older??
I realize you are sensitive to not "promoting" theft ; but I'm sure you could develop a product for this problem. Heck, most of us are registered/verified with you so you have all our private information.
Perhaps something like Audi has: we log onto Your server (so you control who uses it) and then we go through the process of adapting the used part to our cars? Just a thought and it would be a great service to have available should it ever be needed. :thumbs:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I won't say, "Never", but I will say, "Unlikely".

As far as I'm aware, there is no proper way to do this without access to VAG's corporate servers.

-Uwe-

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
You really think VW/AUDI will let anyone to do software without them wanting it. And surely they don't want it, unless regulations say they have to. That is the reason we can request ODIS access today with a very high(compared to VCDS) cost.

Back