2008 Octavia II with brakes binding issue

Aaron

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307044
Hi everyone I always try to investigate the problems I come accross with my vehicles and not post up here every issue but on this one I'm baffled....

The car is a 2008 Skoda Octavia II 1.9TDi Classic.

The issue is that as I drive the vehicle the brakes start to bind,All four at the same time.Stop nock the engine off and the brakes free off..
No first stop was poor flexi's so all replaced and all calipers (rears brand new) are free pistons slide free and sliders all in good order..

The fault started intermintantly brings up no fault codes.I am in the process of replacing the brake master cylinder..
I am aware these use a single vacuum module which since I bought the car four year ago whenever I trun the car of it makes a groaning noise...

Any Ideas folks??

I am going to run a full scan once I fitted the new master cylinder and flushed and replaced the brake fluid..
Also I understand I will need to cycle the ABS pump to fully bleed the system can I do this with my VCDS......

Thanks again in advance for taking time to raed above and thanks for any help you may offer...

HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
Hi Aaron,
Check if the plenum chamber drains are clear. It is possible the servo has been slightly under water and is rusted internally.
regards HMC

Aaron

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307044
Hi Aaron,
Check if the plenum chamber drains are clear. It is possible the servo has been slightly under water and is rusted internally.
regards HMC
Will do thanks

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Hi Aaron,
regards HMC
Are you sure you're not confusing the Octavia Mk2 with an Audi A6 C5 or Passat B5? These do have the brake servo in the plenum chamber. Basically any newer transverse-engined VW group car has its brake booster on the bulkhead, not in the plenum chamber.

HMC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28246
Hi siLc,
You are probably correct, I could not remember the layout of the Octavia 11.
Regards HMC

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Are you sure you're not confusing the Octavia Mk2 with an Audi A6 C5 or Passat B5? These do have the brake servo in the plenum chamber. Basically any newer transverse-engined VW group car has its brake booster on the bulkhead, not in the plenum chamber.
agree
many similar issue with B5 passat , older cars , not like MK60 pump