Hi. New potential user in the UK.

Ive

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330016
Hello.

I'm seriously considering getting a 3 Vin Hex-v2 from an official UK reseller.

Before I do I'd want to check that I can do, and/or would get the help to do, the things I'm wanting. So I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to let me know whats possible.

My 'car' is a 2011 VW Transporter SWB Kombi van. And this is what I have in mind...

1. Code the RNS510 that I've fitted.

I swapped out the RCD310 for a new RNS510 and, while I think everything works, a scan using Carista suggests the unit isn't properly coded. This might mean I'm missing some functions and I'd like to 'code' it to the van

2. Fit a bluetooth module

I'd like to add phone functionality. So i'm thinking I'd need VCDS to find out which bluetooth module would work with the car so that I can buy it. And then fit and code it in.

3. Retrofit TPMS

I've read that the indirect TPMS can be turned on to many models. I'm hoping VCDS will tell me that mine is one. I've already ordered the set switch and loom (It can go in my mates if not mine).

At some point I might also retrofit a rear camera.

...and finally it would be a diag tool and fault code reset (like the airbag light I have on when I removed my seat to fit a battery and forgot to reconnect!)

Many thanks
Ive

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
1. Code the RNS510 that I've fitted.
I swapped out the RCD310 for a new RNS510 and, while I think everything works, a scan using Carista suggests the unit isn't properly coded. This might mean I'm missing some functions and I'd like to 'code' it to the van
Should be doable.

2. Fit a bluetooth module
I'd like to add phone functionality. So i'm thinking I'd need VCDS to find out which bluetooth module would work with the car so that I can buy it. And then fit and code it in.
Should be doable, except that VCDS doesn't make parts suggestions.

3. Retrofit TPMS
I've read that the indirect TPMS can be turned on to many models. I'm hoping VCDS will tell me that mine is one. I've already ordered the set switch and loom (It can go in my mates if not mine).
VCDS isn't going to tell you directly whether TPMS can be enabled. You'll need to post a scan and ask if anyone knows whether it can, and if so, how.

At some point I might also retrofit a rear camera.
...and finally it would be a diag tool and fault code reset (like the airbag light I have on when I removed my seat to fit a battery and forgot to reconnect!)
Sounds like a plan! :)

-Uwe-

PS: Moving to Pre-Sales Support.

Ive

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330016
Thanks Uwe.

I thought I'd posted in the right section, but obviously not :)

I'm gonna go for it. The offers on eBay look very tempting at first glance, but most I guess are fake units.

Having looked briefly round this forum I think the tech support alone is worth getting the real deal.

Cheers
Ive

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I thought I'd posted in the right section, but obviously not
No worries; pretty much anything is fair game in the New User section. If there's a more appropriate place for something that gets posted there, we move it.

I'm gonna go for it. The offers on eBay look very tempting at first glance, but most I guess are fake units.
If they're substantially more "tempting" than a real one, chances are very good that they are indeed fake. :o

Having looked briefly round this forum I think the tech support alone is worth getting the real deal.

:cool: :D

-Uwe-

Back