lost key

carguy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7
Ok had a customer to bring me a 2008 vw jetta 2.5 had lost key,they order key from dealer and told only they can program.Customer get call from dealer say it needs a cluster big money.
Now I have it with a used cluster? what is process for programming and what is needed.am I going to be able to preform this. any help Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Nope, 2008 is Immo 4C; not supported by VCDS.

But as for needing a cluster, somehow I doubt that.

-Uwe-

carguy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7
Thanks,Uwe
so it will have to be done by the dealer or what about a locksmith?If the vcds will not work what will, I have my lsid license

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The only tool I'd have any real confidence in is the factory tool connected to VW's GeKo server.

-Uwe-

carguy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7
Uwe,
Update on the vw jetta 2008 2.5. lost key,its program and got car started and it runs did in house do not have to take to dealer.Had my buddy a locksmith come by and let me use his t-code and hook it up pull the pin code out of it.Then when back into it and notice that in the cluster had SAFE in the mfd center,and as soon and it program the key the Safe when off and car runs.So it does not have to go the dealer to get this done but on the other note the key need to come from the dealer and order it from vin of car.Thanks hope this help someone else.

Reactions: Uwe

TDI28

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=14643
With the right equipment Tango, TM pro etc you don't need to buy the keys from the dealer, just produce a key image for your required brand ie Audi Seat etc and programme to vehicle.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, I know there are other tools. You may have confidence in them based on your experiences with them, but I have no experience with them and thus no confidence in them either. :D

-Uwe-