EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
����������

What you never saw a Warner Brothers Bugs Bunny cartoon or the ridiculous behavior compare and contrast to the automobile industry?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/602191/

Stop the Ethanol Madness
The mainstay of the Renewable Fuel Standard is an unmistakable social and environmental failure. Why does it persist?

Because this is patently false:
Its sole beneficiaries are large agricultural corporations—and the politicians who serve them.

The article later admits this, and thereby contradicts itself:
Angry corn producers then besiege the White House

So it's by no means just "large agricultural corporations". Farmers all over the US corn belt are beneficiaries because the ethanol mandate substantially raises the price of corn, and an unintended consequence, (as stated in the article), many other crops as well. Those farmers (and the other people living in the same rural communities) are still an important political constituency, especially in presidential elections due to the Iowa caucuses.

That said, yes, ethanol in gasoline sucks. Down in Virginia and Florida, I can find ethanol-free 87 or 89 octane gas, no problem. Except it's priced like 93 octane premium due to the absurd government mandates and subsidies.

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well sure Uwe I agree, I'm just pointing to articles.

Ethanol in current fuel systems or carburetion, flat out fails to comport & sucks water, unless you take measures to preserve components if sitting more than 3-5 days & depending on temperature and humidity in a region.

Kills me that now Diesel blends with alcohols are also destroying vehicles.

Cleaner? .......BULLSHIT!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/11/2...f-wiedersehen-to-internal-combustion-engines/

[h=1]Volkswagen Motorsport Says Auf Wiedersehen To Internal Combustion Engines[/h]
VW-ID-R-electric-race-car.png

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fake-university-michigan-ice-obama

Progressives decry fake ICE university – turns out it was created under President Obama

My favorite snippet!

“Each of the foreign citizens who ‘enrolled’ and made ‘tuition’ payments to the University knew that they would not attend any actual classes, earn credits, or make academic progress toward an actual degree in a particular field of study,” the indictments read, according to The New York Times.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Back