EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Michiganders seem to feel their Governor's lock-down orders are a bit too extreme:

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Didn't unemployment insurance in NYS during 2008 crash went as long as 5 years with extensions?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I think there's some rationale behind this that they authors of the piece may have missed.
It “temporarily suspends a limitation on how much owners of businesses formed as “pass-through” entities can deduct against their non-business income, such as capital gains, to reduce their tax liability,” according to The Washington Post.
People who would qualify for this would have both a pass-through entity, for example a small business that he owns that's an LLC, and a substantial non-business income (from capital gains, dividends, or whatever).

Under current conditions, many (if not most) small businesses are seriously in the red, either because they've been forced to put up "closed" signs, or due to a lack of willing customers. Allowing the owner of such a business to write off losses that business is currently suffering against other, non-business income provides a powerful incentive for him to keep the business open (or at least on life support) rather that shutting it down and walking away from it. It might just be enough to have him retain some staff, keep paying rent and utilities, etc instead of saying, "screw it, I'm done!"

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No good deed will go unpunished by bureaucrats:

Maui Brewing Co. under investigation by Maui liquor commission for hand sanitizer giveaways

The company has been using its Kupu Spirits distillery to produce more than 3,000 gallons of sanitizer that is 70% ethyl alcohol, which is in short supply. Its Kihei restaurant was filling up 16-ounce bottles with sanitizer for customers who bought food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, coffee, and logo items and allowed dozens of people to fill up bottles without purchase, he said.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
a0055956527_16.jpg

https://jeremiahkane.bandcamp.com/album/the-new-dawn

https://jeremiahkane.bandcamp.com/track/turbodash

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well I been calling the Chinese food restaurant everyday or doing a drive by with my withdrawals that have still not gone away!

Finally they answered phone and I was so happy to hear my friends, tell me still not open but will be open next week on Tuesday.

I told them hey I'm right next door and miss them so much and their food & just going their + the "fortune cookies"!

He says your phone number like ours, in his fragmented English voice & I said yes mine is 9808 you are 9 8 8 8 right back, only difference is, you take 10 min to make delicious meal, however, I can be here in 30 seconds and I will be there next week!

You can tell I don't get out much..... :rolleyes: