255f6f1440c2cb5380201060fcadef00.gif

Nah.. Don't think so. :D

McSpiffy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224526
I agree with the SIRT Pistol from Next Level Training - excellent product, realistic simulation (weighted magazines for realistic reloading drills, resetting trigger vs. other laser systems, and compatible with other brand name components/targets). A great product for knocking out some drills away from the range - saves money on ammo and range time!!!!
Are you allowed to own an airsoft gun or (way better), a SIRT pistol, or do you need to get the King's permission for that too?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Training with the SW22 Victory has already started to improve my shooting with centerfire guns:

sxDvZFo.jpg

That's at 10 yards. I removed the target rear sight from the SW22 and installed the rail with built in fixed rear sight (the fiber optics on the rear sight are actually TOO bright for my eyes in the indoor range I go to. :facepalm: Anyway, after shooting the SW22, I picked up my P220 with 5 of the Remington Golden Saber 185gr JHP .45 ACP and shot the group on the right. Certainly way more boomy and recoiley but I managed to keep my trigger squeeze just as slow and steady.

Also the SW22 fed and shot subsonic ammo just fine ... all except the Colibri which fired okay but didn't even extract at all:

DaSV4n6.jpg

I have a crappy red/green dot that I'm going to try on the SW22:

2eaOJrd.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Uh, buying anything from Dicks Sporting Goods is a Career Limiting Move at RT. :p

-Uwe-

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Uh, buying anything from Dicks Sporting Goods is a Career Limiting Move at RT. :p

-Uwe-

I've been in same position for 14 years so story checks out. :D

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688

I have read that they lost a lot of regular customers over their cowardly stopping sales of a certain category of rifle in response to the Newtown shooting.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have read that they lost a lot of regular customers over their cowardly stopping sales of a certain category of rifle in response to the Newtown shooting.....
It wasn't just a cowardly withdrawal; they broke contractual commitments to both customers and a supplier. Thousands of customers had put down deposits during a Thanksgiving sale for Troy Defense rifles, and ended up paying triple or more for an equivalent in the panic that started a few weeks later.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
So my space gun is now 33.3% more spacey:

qsnIvbV.jpg

P3CPTbF.jpg

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but the dot can be red or green in varying degrees of brightness, with four different choices of reticles. Also I know the sight is crooked but the reticle is crooked too so two wrongs make a right. :thumbs:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Stupid question - is there still a .22 ammunition shortage? I noticed that the Scrotums ;) Sporting Goods link above didn't have prices on any of the .22 stuff, and all of the big-box store web sites that I've checked seem to only have limited options and per-day purchase limits. Should I start picking up boxes now, in anticipation of being able to use them by summer? If so, what is the best option(s) for dispatching helpless pieces of paper?

Oh, another joy of living in the communist state of New Yorkistan is that we cannot have ammunition shipped directly to us because of the NY un-SAFE Act. By the time you put the FFL fees onto an online order, there are no cost savings versus paying local store prices. Yes, I'm serious that ammunition has to be delivered through an FFL.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Stupid question - is there still a .22 ammunition shortage? I noticed that the Scrotums ;) Sporting Goods link above didn't have prices on any of the .22 stuff, and all of the big-box store web sites that I've checked seem to only have limited options and per-day purchase limits. Should I start picking up boxes now, in anticipation of being able to use them by summer? If so, what is the best option(s) for dispatching helpless pieces of paper?

Oh, another joy of living in the communist state of New Yorkistan is that we cannot have ammunition shipped directly to us because of the NY un-SAFE Act. By the time you put the FFL fees onto an online order, there are no cost savings versus paying local store prices. Yes, I'm serious that ammunition has to be delivered through an FFL.....
So what would happen if you just drove down to PA? Here, you can legally buy all the ammo you want for cash money, w/o presenting any ID.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I'm passing through PA on my way south next Thursday and again coming home on Sunday. ;) As far as I can tell, there is no law restricting one from carrying consumables across the border.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you want us to order something for you so it's available for pickup at your convenience, let us know.

-Uwe-

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I may take you up on that in the future. Just wondering if the supply is still constrained, and what I should be looking for if it shows up in my travels?????

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Supply isn't constrained, but that's at 8-10c a round. If you want 6-7c a round, you gotta jump on it as you monitor the online ammo engines. Forget about the 3.6c a cent that I was able to get in 2012, at least for now and until/unless the republicans win the next presidential round.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
I believe our local gun shop has .22lr in stock at 8-10 cents each. It's not as good as the good old days but it's better than the bad old days.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
I was pleasantly surprised that the cheap-o red/green dot was just about spot on with zero adjustments (after yanking off an AR):

QEAVzJb.jpg

3" group at 25 yards one handed, 2" group at 25 yards two handed kneeling, by far the best I have ever shot with a pistol. :thumbs:

Back