Advice on weaponry

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
"should you have weaponry"
It is definitely better to have and not to need, than to need and not to have. :)

f6cUsOG.jpg

-Uwe-

DneprDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346555
A neighbor who lived about 1/8 a mile away was feeding about thirty racoons for years. They had a kiddie pool that they kept filled with dry dog food. They moved away and our neighborhood was overwhelmed with racoons who had no experience at foraging. It took about a year, but the raccoons dissipated into the woods, my neighborhood is on a peninsula of private land surrounded by about 750 acres of state owned forest, so they had a place to go.

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
It is definitely better to have and not to need, than to need and not to have. :)

It is infinitely better to not need in the first place.

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
It has worked in the UK for a long time, I pray they never routinely arm our Police and that they never need it.

Sawbones

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=523035
If you're going to concealed carry, don't go cheap on a holster. You don't have to go super top shelf but don't get garbage. Go and get the training as well. You can carry all you want but if some shit breaks out, eh, panic is a bastard. Train your ass off. Sign up with a few different guys maybe, see what jives and what you can leave. As for dispatching varmints, I have an old Romanian .22 bolt action and it works just fine. Maybe practice skinning and tanning pelts.

Reactions: Uwe

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
I didn't think it was legal to carry concealed unless you were law enforcement or similar? Thank God we don't have to even contemplate such actions.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I didn't think it was legal to carry concealed unless you were law enforcement or similar? Thank God we don't have to even contemplate such actions.
Each US state can have their own laws regarding carrying concealed weapons, and many allow them with conditions.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Because stabbings and acid attacks are so much better?

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Each US state can have their own laws regarding carrying concealed weapons, and many allow them with conditions.

:cool:

-Uwe-

Reactions: JMR

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
Because stabbings and acid attacks are so much better?

-Uwe-

They aren't confined to the UK, India is the worst per capita for acid attacks and knife crime isn't that common even in London, it is just every case gets huge coverage.

DneprDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346555
Why do police seem to empty their weapons at a perpetrator, when one or two shots would get the job done?
It seems that we need a Barney Fife law, where the police can only carry one bullet each and they have to keep it in their shirt pocket.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Why do police seem to empty their weapons at a perpetrator, when one or two shots would get the job done?
I would think that police are trained to shoot until the threat has clearly been neutralized. If a perp poses a legitimate threat, firing one or two shots, then waiting to see if those shots actually hit him and are effective in stopping the threat is not a good strategy.

-Uwe-

Ronaldo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357813
I would think that police are trained to shoot until the threat has clearly been neutralized. If a perp poses a legitimate threat, firing one or two shots, then waiting to see if those shots actually hit him and are effective in stopping the threat is not a good strategy.

-Uwe-
Exactly! Putting down the bad guy with a single shot only works in Hollywood (when convenient for the plot, of course). In real world, even trained police officers statistically miss most of the shots and even when a perp is hit multiple times he can still pose a threat for several minutes until he loses enough blood and enters in shock.

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
JMRs going to buy me a beer at the Ukraine table :)
yeah man ! I have Heineken, Tuborg or Ursus Premium. have a couple on me. :) it got lonely in ukraine thread...dead in water. Wow , this thread is hot, i don't wanna touch it..i lived in US and never had a gun , i live in Romania and don't need one. If times shall dictate i should get one...Ukraine's full of them at a good discount price :)

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
Dont worry NATO will issue you a free one when you need it :)

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

Ronaldo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357813
Advice on weaponry: always make sure you have a round in the chamber