HEX-NET or HEX-V2 Firmware Update Failed?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Tried everything, rebooting, uninstalling, reinstallling, different internet connections (wifi from home, thetered from mobile phone and such with no luck), deactivated windows firewall and many more.
Try again. Server was down for a bit earlier.

-Uwe-

5PBKD

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=312442
Try again. Server was down for a bit earlier.

-Uwe-
Thanks Uwe.. worked flawless.

Tomorrow I'll run an Auto Scan of my new car (Cupra Formentor - Chasis Code: KM shares Manufacturer code with Seat brand -VSSZZZ-).

BruceG

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=359669
Update!! it works now :banghead:
Here's what I did... it may be helpful for someone in the same situation.
I attached my cable to my laptop and started VCIconfig, it gave me the same error! I unplugged the cable (without closing VCIconfig) to plug it back to a different USB port. I started the update and it went smooth after!!!
Odd and weird, but it works :confused: I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to update the firmware but this time it took less than 5 minutes!
Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,
I can't update my firmware! I went through this post and did everything it says.
I tried two computers (laptop and desktop) using fresh VCDS software on both devices.
However, my CB says 0.0, and the cable flashes red, not blue or green.
Any idea how to fix it??
Thanks in advance.
ALf.png
unable.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Uwe

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Attempt to update HEX-V2 from CB:0.4553 to 0.4555 lead eventually to the error depicted above - CB: 0.0 and left LED flashing red :eek:

A kind of early symptom was that the status line at the bottom was fluctuating randomly: Transferring 27% remaining 1, 19% 1, 23% 2, 1% 86, etc. I gave up after 2 hours and did the steps in the post above and the problem was solved in about 2 minutes :thumbs:.

PS. The registration issue - was it a bit random lengthy message "A vehicle identification number (VIN) is required to properly load data for UDS modules...." when trying to connect (any) module? Perhaps related only to recent CB version(s) as haven't seen that earlier?

PS2. @Eric thanks again for the "repeat"-functionality for the maps in Beta 21.8 >here< Extremely useful :thanks:

Last edited:

Isaac-1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=438210
I have a HEX-V2 which I bought last spring and just did a software update, which now requires a firmware update, when I try to do the firmware update I get the same connection failure message noted above about can't connect to TCP port 11000, I have tried doing the firmware update 2 or 3 times per day for the last 3 days with no luck. Any help resolving this would be most appreciated.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@Isaac-1: Hi. I'm not sure if this will help, but some time ago when I first upgraded my laptop (to a later release Surface PRO), I had a similar issue with the TCP port 1100 message (in my case, I suspect that the bi-directional handshaking facility that TCP needs to operate wasn't happening correctly)

Anyhow - to fix the problem, I reconfigured the status of VCDS to "public" in windows defender screen below.

Again, not sure if your situation is the same, but it's an easy try - so worth a shot IMO!

Don

DG4VQY3.png

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
We recently had another person all frustrated that he couldn't do a firmware update, and the problem ended up being the network/router he was using. So a different network connection (such as tethering off your phone's hotspot) is also worth trying.

-Uwe-