Need security code for module 5F on 2018 (7.5) Audi S6 to enable VIM while driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

elp_jc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=323850
Followed the instructions from an Audi forum, but it didn't work on my 7.5 2018 S6. The instructions were to write the first S/N from [Advanced ID-1A], then enter digits 6,13,10,14,11 of that number as security code. It threw an error. I thought maybe the zeros were the letter 'O', but doesn't make sense, since they're ovoid, not round. Plus needed to wait 10 minutes, or something like that. Initially it said you only have 1 chance, but after the error, it said to leave ignition on for 10 minutes. I don't remember if it was that long, but I'm pretty sure I did. I guess I'll find out if any of you has an answer for that. Anyway, after getting a valid security code, the instruction is to set channel 48 to 255. It could be wrong, since on many other changes, they kept telling to select channel 'xx', and there's no such choice. Instead, there's only a pull-down menu with a ton of options and weird long codes, but nothing resembling 'channel xx'. If anybody has a clue what changed from 7.0 to 7.5, please let me know. Thank you.
JC

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
For context, there's an Auto-Scan here.

FWIW, the instructions above are clearly not applicable to your car since it uses a newer 5F module with the UDS protocol, which does not have the old-school channel numbers.

If anyone does know how to do this, please contact the OP via PM. I do do not want instructions for VIM on the open forum due to liability concerns.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.