Hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMC

Reaction score
Hi,

Just joined up, just stumbled upon the forum while googling about some car topics.

Seems like a great forum.

Cheers :D

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
Welcome CMC.

Great place here :D

If you'll fill out this form the kind folks at Ross-Tech will promote you to Verified VCDS User and you'll be able to post in the other forums. -Jake

ps - if ya don't have VCDS already have a look here.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMC

CMC

Reaction score
Hi jakematic, ive not yet bought vcds, as I bought a delphi system (genuine) last year and was saving for the proper vcds. Is the forum really only for vcds users? I wanted to ask a techy question but not sure if im allowed now, hopefully I'll be fit to give some help to other people anyway.

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
Ask away... we don't bite !

Some of the forums are restricted to registered users is all.

Reactions: CMC

CMC

Reaction score
Will I just post my question in here? :D

CMC

Reaction score
Well here goes, ive a bora 1J chassis here at the minute, 90bhp AGR, with basically no power worth talking about.

I can view alot of live data etc with the delphi which is what I have to manage with right now (if you can recommend a genuine seller of vcds in the UK please do as there are so many fakes), anyway it seems to have 2 seperate issues when driving hard over 3000rpm it goes in to limp mode, an over boost fault comes up, the agr has a wastegate turbo not vnt, when I go into component activation and select the wastegate actuator it doesnt open, ive
tried this on another agr engined car with no problems and its the same however this test works on all other vnts in other vag cars and also the t4 transporters with wg turbo his test functions correctly. Is this something to do with the agr ecu?

Also there is no other faults relating to the car having no power. The only thing that I spot in live data is 'Fuel Quantity Adjuster' 0 volt, again I locked at this data on the other fully functioning carand it was saying over 4volts, so back to car number 1 I disconnected and reconnected the injector pump connector and viola the reading went over 4 volt however this only lasts for a couple of minutes :(

I looked at all connections and im a bit confused with it now, ive traced the quantity adjuster wire on autodata and then looked at the corresponding wire in the car and it is ok, no breaks loose connections etc, can anyone tell me is the ecu feeding the quantity adjuster with the voltage or would a faulty injector pump 'ecu' cause this issue.

Sorry for the essay but any pointers would be great, thanks :)

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Welcome to the forum.

Jake has given you the VCDS Distributor list there are 4 in the UK. If you Google these most will be fake.

When you have a query/question you will be asked to post a full AutoScan in between CODE tags [CODE] Full AutoScan [/CODE] as it takes up less room.

Once you get a genuine VCDS cable register it online from Jake's link.

CMC

Reaction score
Thanks Keith, didnt see that Jake had added in the link, I'll get a look at them later and get one bought in a week or 2, thanks for the help.

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back