Defroster flap positioning motor (v107) (Mk.5)

Vasco Ferraz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288561
This is how the "small plastic piece" which is held on the "metal bracket" should be opened.

I found it easier to slide it up or down (see image below) instead of prying it (I think you understand what I mean).

You do not need to remove "small plastic piece" from the "metal bracket". You just need to open it, like said above.

Then don't be fooled, like me, by the illusion that the open flaps are closed rings. Or you might be wondering: "how the hell do I remove this "small plastic piece" if the all the cables are passing throw closed rings?"

So, open the flaps then move it around the cables and loose it up. Then, just pull the "metal bracket" down. Twist it at will until removed.

K7JNxIJ.jpg

Last edited:

Vasco Ferraz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288561
I did not explain how to replace the stepper itself but I believe it is self-explanatory.

However, there it is:

Remove 3 bolts.
Loose it up and disconnect the blue leverage
Disconnect the plug
Mount it in reverse order.

PS: You will gain better access if you remove the following plastic pieces behind the steering wheel.
As removing both plastic pieces involves lots of labour I decided to keep them mounted.
The following image is not mine.
ydYywyF.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Greg Mayer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239736
Vasco - thank you so much for your write-up on this. What a horribly positioned part. I could have never replaced this motor without your help. Cheers!

If anyone has to replace this motor, here are the parts I used and the pricing from vwpartsvortex.com (a US/New Jersey VW Dealer):
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
2Q0-907-511-E​
Motor​
$139.15​
1​
$139.15​
1K0-898-002-B​
Rep.Set​