Jetta Mk6 TDI (2014) Cluster Upgrade

rhill2901

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277377
TooLittleTime, did you ever find out why your setpoint for the cruise wasn't working? Was it a ECM problem? I have the same problem after upgrading my tdi to a 2015 vw tdi gauge cluster.

TooLittleTime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217224
TooLittleTime, did you ever find out why your setpoint for the cruise wasn't working? Was it a ECM problem? I have the same problem after upgrading my tdi to a 2015 vw tdi gauge cluster.

You will need to go to a tuner, and get your ECM updated. Its a setting at the factory that VW sets depending on the electronics in the vehicle. Either ECM provides more or less info on CANBus.

rhill2901

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277377
I checked with several tuners and they said they never heard of such a thing and they would have to research it at $100 an hour. One tuner said that your tuner probably loaded a different version of firmware on your ECU? TooLittleTime, could you post a vcds dump for me? Mostly interested in your ECU hardware, software and configuration. I've done a little experimenting on my own and found a mk6 vw jetta TDI sportwagen ecu firmware to work, but it added other problems that I had no interest in diagnosing.

rhill2901

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277377
Nvm. I figured it on my own. Reflashed my ecu firmware from a Jetta sportwagen from the same year.