Hello

doctle odd

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New member from Meath, Ireland. I saw a mention on the best forum on the web (VWAF) so I'm here to have a look and maybe learn something.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your look about. Let us know if we can help in some way.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Welcome. The fact that you're a "Junior Member" means you didn't give us enough info to confirm you as a customer when you registered. ;)

-Uwe-

doctle odd

Reaction score
Welcome. The fact that you're a "Junior Member" means you didn't give us enough info to confirm you as a customer when you registered. ;)

-Uwe-
I'm currently using a friends VCDS when he's not working so that's Saturday afternoons or Sundays. I had a VCDS cable up until last year it's now being used to tether a goat in Romania

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I'm currently using a friends VCDS when he's not working so that's Saturday afternoons or Sundays. I had a VCDS cable up until last year it's now being used to tether a goat in Romania
doctle: Wow I knew that VCDS cables were useful, but this brings a whole new meaning to the word "versatile"! Why haven't I seen a how-to guide for goat tethering on RT's wiki - or does this only apply to VW models in Romania? Got a pic?

doctle odd

Reaction score
doctle: Wow I knew that VCDS cables were useful, but this brings a whole new meaning to the word "versatile"! Why haven't I seen a how-to guide for goat tethering on RT's wiki - or does this only apply to VW models in Romania? Got a pic?
LOL, About 18 months ago I saw 2 guys hitch hiking and carrying a fuel can. I gave them a lift to a garage to get petrol. They had put the fuel can in the boot and when I dropped them off they took their fuel can and a small waterproof case containing the VCDS cable, a circuit tester and a very cheap meter. They claimed to be Romanians and as VCDS was in English and they could hardly speak it what else could they use it for?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
LOL, About 18 months ago I saw 2 guys hitch hiking and carrying a fuel can. I gave them a lift to a garage to get petrol. They had put the fuel can in the boot and when I dropped them off they took their fuel can and a small waterproof case containing the VCDS cable, a circuit tester and a very cheap meter. They claimed to be Romanians and as VCDS was in English and they could hardly speak it what else could they use it for?
doctle odd: OK, I thought that the Romanians had somehow invented a new WIFI arrangement for the HEX NET called "goat tethering" - (only kidding)! Sounds very ungrateful for hitchhikers to steal from someone who was just being a good Samaritan - guess it happens with every culture.

Anyway, I suspect that you will still have to substantiate your credentials and I'm sorry that I can't help with your technical problem, but I sure do admire your sense-of-humour!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You sure they didn't day "Romani" rather than "Romanian"? ;)

Do you know the serial number?

-Uwe-

doctle odd

Reaction score
No sorry Uwe I don't know the serial number I bought it off a guy that emigrated. I will buy another when I get better and get some work :)

gupsterg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=146338
Hi everyone. New member from Meath, Ireland. I saw a mention on the best forum on the web (VWAF) so I'm here to have a look and maybe learn something.
Howdy Doc!