Polo 6C BiXenon Retrofit Issue

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Since CH can be configured manually via flashing once and opening the door, and LH would theoretically work with this product, I wont need a BCM upgrade anymore. That would be nice :)

You can also code it to BCM so that it will automatically keep the lights lit for set period of time. No need to flash the lights.

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
You can also code it to BCM so that it will automatically keep the lights lit for set period of time. No need to flash the lights.

Hm, that'd be nice, but doesn't "automatically" need RLS ? If not, what adaptation changes did you do for that ? Thanks!

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Not adaptation, in long coding.

You autoscan shows * as label file for BCM module. In your long coding helper are you able to see the descriptions for the bits?

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Yea, only if I check experimental. There’s some descriptors but not always “correct”.

What do I need to change ? I can look for it

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
In Golf there was a setting called coming home via personalization / adaptation or something like that. If that is ticked it means the CH will work when you flip the high beam switch. If it's unticked it will use the set time and light sensor setting.

Look here, good info on CH functionality. It's on Octavia forum but should be pretty close enough :
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/168216-coming-home-lights-leaving-home-lights/

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
In Golf there was a setting called coming home via personalization / adaptation or something like that. If that is ticked it means the CH will work when you flip the high beam switch. If it's unticked it will use the set time and light sensor setting.

Look here, good info on CH functionality. It's on Octavia forum but should be pretty close enough :
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/168216-coming-home-lights-leaving-home-lights/

I see what you mean, though I'm pretty sure these cars don't have this option. I had iichel send me screenshots of all the bytes from another 6C. Going through all of them now, looking for something similar, though I am fairly certain that is not the case.

EDIT
==============
There are some bytes without any bit descriptors, 18, 19 and 20. Any idea if this setting might lie somewhere around those bytes ?

Last edited:

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
VCDS -> select control module -> 09 -> SA -> enter code -> adaptation -> Comfort Illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus --> automatic -> DO IT

this way coming home is fully automatic on polo 6C, but I think RLS is needed

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
VCDS -> select control module -> 09 -> SA -> enter code -> adaptation -> Comfort Illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus --> automatic -> DO IT

this way coming home is fully automatic on polo 6C, but I think RLS is needed

Ok, so very different from PQ35 platform. Thanks for that. Live and learn :D

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Yea, I know about that channel in the adaptations, but you definitely need RLS for that. I'm fine with the manual driver door - stalk.

Have to fix the low beam always lit up :D as the DRL seems to light up only on parking light or low beam, but not when switch is on 0.

Will wait on DV52 to hopefully explain how he got that LH to work with the chinese module.

Johan1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=359010
how you doing guys

would like to ask you about the right coding about retrofiting polo 6C from halogen to led
read in this forum alot of thing but im confused which is the right wat to follow

when i upgrade from halogen to led i know i need the harness adpaters and vcds for coding and i know that i must follow some changes in 09
can you please lead me to the right coding please

thanks in advance mate apreciate your support

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@Johan1: Hi. Let's start by posting-up an auto-scan of the car in question - and maybe also a copy of the BCM admap (if you read the previous posts in this thread -will be useful later-on)

Don

Johan1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=359010
in this thread i saw a ver diferent situation with eduard ...in his case he must upgrade alot of thing in his car....my situation is i want to buy een adapter from kufatec and i neeed only the coding
i couldnt follow what eduard did and everytime is it something diferent he had alot of problems
anyway i would like only the leuchte coding in my case to retrofit
thanks

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Are you doing a retrofit of bi-xenon to polo 6c? Because then you don't really need the adapter from kufatec

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@iichel: Your understanding of Polos is unparalleled on this forum and I would always accept your words - but on other MQB-ish vehicles, the connector for incandescent headlights is 10 x pin whereas non-halogen headlight connectors are 14 x pin. Given @Johan1 says " retrofitting polo 6C from halogen to led " , doesn't this necessarily mean installing an interconnection facility of some type to make the 10 x pin car loom fit 14 x pin headlight ? What have I missed?

Don
PS: love the banner at the bottom of your post - great minds think alike (let's forget the other part of the adage)!! :D

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
@DV52 thank you for your compliments. And I agree on all parts of your post.

Just one exception. My knowledge of Polo's is probably good, but it is very much focussed on the 6R model, which is PQ25 and loosely similar to the Golf mk5.
When it comes to the Polo 6C, the PQ26/MBQ A0 based car, I'm already some distance from my real comfort zone.
I know a thing or two about light channels, and your more than excellent PDF is my bible for this, but I'm by no means an expert on this.

But, I do not disagree about the 10-to-14 part.
In fact, the 10=pin connector on the Polo 6C for the incandescent headlights is exactly the same as it on the Polo 6R and many other cars (you'll find the 6r0973735 connector in many cars).

The 14-pin connector for the bi-xenon headlights, either the 3C0 or the 1J0 is also shared between many cars including the 6R and 6C polo's.
I've been making my living out of retrofitting, among others, LED and bi-xenon headlights to exactly these models, the Polo 6R and 6C.
I bought 17 set's of LED headlights and got a couple of bi-xenon sets in return from some deals. They are hot property right now :)

What I intended to say, but either forgot or got lost (probably the first) is that it can be so much easier.
The T10/10 wire is the exact same wire as goes to T14/12 and the T2/1 (or /2) goes to T14/10 so there is no need for the long and complicated kufatec adapter.
All the wires are already there in the front of the car.

I made these last night, they are all 10-to-14 connectors (and the other way around for one car) and just need one wire from the T2 of the DRL to T14/10.

ylbITBV.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Johan1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=359010
Great work Iichel the cable is exact how you explained and like Don said ok.
My situation is from halogen to LED on 6C and NOT from halogen to XENON on 6R

what i want is a short adapting on 09 for this led

i did it one before and made a lot of mistakes and errors on the lighting inside the car
i dont want to touch unecesery lines into the adapting

can you please report back thanks in adavnce guys

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Autoscan and adapmap please

Johan1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=359010
dont have the car here is my friends car i want to have the coding so i can prepare it .....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
dont have the car here is my friends car i want to have the coding so i can prepare it .....
So you'd like someone to come up with coding for a car for which they have no details at all? I doubt this is a realistic request.

-Uwe-

Johan1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=359010
i will do one i got the car to backup the adamap
thanks in advance